Best offset for a lowered P5?

pony5oh

I am wanting to buy some new wheels for my p5, and will be selling my existing ones ;)
What is the optimum offset for a 17x7in wheel on a lowered P5? Best offset to be safe when lowering the car? I have KSport coilovers, AWR trailing links, AWR 21mm swaybar and endlinks front a back, if that makes a difference?

thanks!

48mm?

I think my 17x7s are 45mm offset but depending on the tire I could see them rubbing. With Ecsta MX, no rubbing.. with Ecsta ASX (my full-sized spare) it is way too close for comfort.

pony5oh said:
tires are 206-40-R17 84-H

?

Right now I'm running 215/40/17s but my new tires are 205/40 (they were on sale). With 205s you would probably be fine with a 45mm offset. Check the rims/tires/suspension forum, there is a thread up top about "wheel fitment recipe" that has a chart for what wheels/tires you can fit on the Protege5 and sedan.

My Kosei K1-TS were +50mm... perfect fitment. With the 215/45/17 tire, I had no rubbing on the strut itself. Slight rubbing on rear fenders when lowered and loaded, but that can be fixed by rolling the rear fenders. Or just run a narrower tire :D

205/40/17 +45 or higher
215/40/17 +48 or higher

Im running 205/40/17 +50 with the same coilovers as you.

Peace

urbanbiker said:
hey,

I'm running 215/40R17 on 17x7 +45mm with no rubbing whatsoever. Fully loaded or unloaded

Lowered 2"

Matt

Same here.. at least they are +45mm if I remember correctly. It all comes down to the tire. Some tires have beefier sidewalls than others even at the same size.

The fitment guide keeps it on the safe side.

yeah....Spent the morning looking around ebay for some wheels with the proper offset but have not found any yet....any ideas?

you guys know what the offset is for msp rims? i'm thinking about lowering my p5

Back