CAI Question.

Tasty

:
2003 Protege5
I have an Injen Cyborg intake on my P5, and when I shut the engine off it makes a strange sound. At least I think it's the intake. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner powering down. I can't think of a better way to really explain it. It's like a suction sound, and then when the engine powers off the suction sound continues to decrease in volume until it eventually quits about 2 seconds after shut off. Is this normal with a CAI or is something fried?

Tasty said:
I have an Injen Cyborg intake on my P5, and when I shut the engine off it makes a strange sound. At least I think it's the intake. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner powering down. I can't think of a better way to really explain it. It's like a suction sound, and then when the engine powers off the suction sound continues to decrease in volume until it eventually quits about 2 seconds after shut off. Is this normal with a CAI or is something fried?
normal

I usually turn my stereo off and open my door before shutting off the car just to hear it. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

^ My wife always says it sounds so cool everytime she turns the engine off:)

Everytime after I turn the engine off, people turn their heads to my car because of the same noise that you hear:D I do that in purpose:p

Back