Tein Springs

B

bazooka323

Hello
I know there are lot of post of this but question is you use original struts & got any probs using OEM shocks/struts? & how much does the Tein s-tech springs lower the protege5 for you in the US? as i reside in the UK & may buy Teins s-tech spring for my 2003 Mazda 323F Protege5 & was told by Tein UK it lowers the car front -45mm (1.8inch) & rear -35mm (1.5inch), but these are for euro spec cars so it may be different? as is got a different part number.

I was always told DO NOT use OEM shocks/struts if you lower the car more than 1.8inch or it will damage the shocks very quickly!

Also by looking at tein.co.jp it lowers the Familia S-wagon, 1.5inch front & 1.2inch rear whoch sounds better but got a different part no. & told these JDM cars may have different suspension to US & Euro spec 323 protege so gather thats out of the question as they may not fit.

Last edited:
hay bazooka.....
not sure about the teins, but i had eibachs on stock struts no problems, but i think the best bet at that drop is after market struts

they're the same. tein springs lower the protege5 around 1.5 inches. But yes..use aftermarket struts because lowering springs will wear struts out quickly.

Tein S-Tech with stock struts.

p5_rays1.jpg

I hear there is a washer trick for the stock struts and Teins. i know there is a few threads here about it. I did mp3 springs, and no washers. But that is .75 inches, not a whole lot.

Back