New to modding. Need some direction please

Donas64

:
2002 MP5
Could anyone point me in the direction of a thread that details engine performance mods for a P5 that are not too expensive (gotta pay the mortgage) and an estimate of their HP gains. I'm interested in basic things such as a CAI, Headers and any other basic things to give my P5 a little extra pep! thanks!

short ram intakes are great too, be4 raider comes and tells u i will, buy a ebay intake and put a K&N filter on it,(lol hee hee raider), a good bang 4 the buck. headers can be talked about by someone else, well welcome to the forums and happy modding

Thanks guys. Just what I needed. I'm craving just a little more punch from my P5. I'm so speed freak but 10 -15 extra ponies never hurt anyone!

no don't start it's a money pit!!!

:D but it's just so much fun.

To be frank, don't expect to make the car fast with bolt on mods. You can make it handle like no other though, and a nice exhaust setup (I'm partial to the header + mam catted midpipe + racing beat catback) to give it a sweet sound, and then some aesthetic mods to your liking.

I'm sure the numbers don't say much, but with a cold air intake, header, catback, midpipe, FS-ZE jdm intake cam, underdrive pulley, MP3 ecu, and a couple other little things my car definitely feels like it pulls harder than it did stock. Maybe it's just a placebo effect because it looks and sounds fast :)

well heck, everyone beat me to everything. I got most power gains from the header and Racing Beat Exhaust. The biggest was the header.

Of course, forced induction is an option, turbo, supercharger, NOS(NO!). Do it right, get better internals, So many blown motors with pistons poking out the side of our blocks, it is sad.

I think you should be set up, and feel free to pm me to discuss anything. I bought my car to just be a car, and not to do a thing to it.

This is what happened:

100_3413.JPG

RaiderMP5 said:
well heck, everyone beat me to everything. I got most power gains from the header and Racing Beat Exhaust. The biggest was the header.

Of course, forced induction is an option, turbo, supercharger, NOS(NO!). Do it right, get better internals, So many blown motors with pistons poking out the side of our blocks, it is sad.

I think you should be set up, and feel free to pm me to discuss anything. I bought my car to just be a car, and not to do a thing to it.

This is what happened:

100_3413.JPG

EWWWW MAN.. lower that thing, ,lol, playing... looks sweet (but still needs to be lower)

(lol) ^^^^ i'm with him. first car, only wanted to do one mod... now it will be the end of me.

Marla makes me angry.

mpf1v3 said:
EWWWW MAN.. lower that thing, ,lol, playing... looks sweet (but still needs to be lower)

Oh, i put on mp3 springs since that pic. Cannot go lower, as I am scraping going into my garage right now.

first it was cigarettes......kicked the habit
then it was booz.....simmered down now that I'm married w/ children
now it's this damn car.......don't see an end in sight

oh well I guess eveyone needs a vice

Pretzellogic said:
I didn't plan on doing more than an Ebay intake.

Really.

haha...me too! actually i wanted to do the exhaust too! $12K later....
of couse that was over almost 5 yrs so...it sounds bit better...:)

yea, the modding process is addictive, after i got rid of my last modded car which was a 1992 jetta which had everything done to it and was mint , but old, i swore that i would not put anything into my next car which was the P5, i've had the car for a few months now, and already i have a 1.4 inch drop with B+G struts, AEM short ram intake, and have future plans for an exhaust system and more coming. i'll draw the line there, no turbo. also have new cd deck amp, subs, speakers ,not for performance. but none the less still a modification.

Personally, I took the route of more appearance mods because I know I won't make any significant gains unless going turbo. Though I do have the requiset Racing Beat muffler and AEM intake for that nice performance sound.

PICT4934.jpg

Back