stripped nut!!!

bobbypressley

:
2003 protege 5
Ok so lastnight I went home and attempted to install my new falken springs,
and I stripped out the nut, that holds the lower sway bar, to the strut. any ideas on how to get this ____er off??
heres example pic. not the actual one on my car.

Attachments

• spring4.jpg
    spring4.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
visegrip may be your last chance, make sure u get a GOOD grip b4 pullin

good luck

I would try those nut extractor socket things from craftsmen. Hammer it on & it digs in while removing. I would use vise grips as very last resort.****EDIT**** That is the endlink nut of doom. Spray that sucker down with PB Blaster of some sort of penetrating oil before you attempt to remove it. Then it should have been 6 point box end wrench with allen in the end of the stud. May have to cut it off & get new endlinks if you destroy the threaded stud part. Check out some of the endlinks of doom threads on here - there are many. Many have done different things to get past this. I personally didn't have this trouble using wrench & allen but mine weren't krusty either - no road salt or snow & car is garaged. Do a search on endlinks & see whatcha come up with. Good luck.

Last edited:
yea if anything go get the allen key and use the vice grips.... dont bother with the bolt extractor ---- sometimes if its on there good ive noticed that those bolts move around with the bushings.

Yeah when I had my new struts put on, the shop stripped the allen heads on my endlinks. I had to go to a muffler shop and have the damn things torched off.

Yeah it's a terrible design. Make sure to put some anti-seize on your endlinks when you put them back on.

bobbypressley said:
Ok so lastnight I went home and attempted to install my new falken springs,
and I stripped out the nut, that holds the lower sway bar, to the strut. any ideas on how to get this ____er off??
heres example pic. not the actual one on my car.

Did yo u try the other bolt? The one attached to the sway bar. Maybe just take that one off if it's easier.

WiL

dremels are my friend. i'll have to check that out L8r, didn't know sears had that set.

Ah, the Endlink Nut of Eternal Despair.

After days of PB blaster-soak and no change, I got pissed and grabbed some power tools. Made sure I put generous amounts of anti-seize on the new ones.

Back