"Official Member" now, i just got a 2003 Protege 5

Not wrong at all, the blue is a beautiful color. With that being said though the C-Red is easily worth +10 ponies at the wheels.(first)

Ok, ok I admit when I was looking I was looking for the vivid yellow or the laser blue mica (but IMO all the colors Mazda used are nice).

My first choice was silver, then black, then blue... Ididn't even consider red till is saw my car on the lot. It was love at first sight.

Ah, I didn't want black again. My Jetta was black and it about drove me nuts keeping it clean or trying to.

i've always wanted blue, my first car was/is "Claret" i believe is the name, it's a deep color almost maroon, it's nice. but i want to paint it blue.

my next car in 1995 was an 89 camaro convertible. I loved the red on that one, that car (also still in the family, I gave it to my dad)
was red with a black top, so it looks cool, i was ok with the color.

after that I got a 2000 intrepid es in a deep garnet red (best color IMO for an intrepid)

so finally i started looking for p5 in blue, and came across the silver one... no regrets, i really like the silver.. but i still want a blue car

so either i paint the FC blue in a few years 2-3, or a buy an old or new STi or WRX in World Rally Blue....in 3-4 years.

but at some point i will need a blue car, preferably dark blue, the subaru is the only car i'll consider in a lighter shade of blue.

Breeegz said:
My first choice was silver, then black, then blue... Ididn't even consider red till is saw my car on the lot. It was love at first sight.

o_O you wanted silver? Wanna trade? :) The red looks awesome. I wanted silver or black at the time, but if I did it again I'd get Classic Red, White, or Lazer Blue.

KanseiZM said:
o_O you wanted silver? Wanna trade? :) The red looks awesome. I wanted silver or black at the time, but if I did it again I'd get Classic Red, White, or Lazer Blue.
That's cuz Laz0r Blu3 rox your sox!

KanseiZM said:

do u deliver to Alaska?

if you drove up here, I'd consider it.

so as i had mentioned, i purchased the P5 pre-certified. well after a couple weeks of owning it, i noticed some problems.

1. there was a crack on the winshield about a half inch long
2. there was a problem with thea AC
3. the tires were leaking air and one had a bubble on the sidewall
4. the recall had not been performed.

so i contacted the dealer and sent an e-mail, i was a little upset since it appeared that they missed so many things during their inspection, but the dealer said they would be more than willing to fix anything.

so they gave me a 2005 MAZDA3 loaner and 5 days later they contacted me that the car was ready.

1. the windshield was FIXED, not replaced. I hope this will be ok
2. AC fixed
3. 4 brand new tires. (sweet)
4 they fixed the recall
5. they did my brakes 4 new pads (new rotors in the front even) I wasn't expecting this.
6. new key and transmitter (they had initially only given me one) sweet
7. they changed my oil

so i pretty happy and the car drives/handles so much better on the new tires.

damn dude, sweet deal.

And if you're like me, you liked the P5 more than the heavy ass 3...

aMaff said:
damn dude, sweet deal.

I do, but i did like the three as well...i wouldn;t kick out the 3 from bed if you know what i mean. wait that doesn't make sense. let me rephrase that. I wouldn't kick the 3 out of the garage if you know what i mean...wink wink nudge nudge

aMaff said:
damn dude, sweet deal.

Isn't the 3 only like 100 pounds more than the P5? It does feel so much bigger though, size and handling-wise.

That dealer would earn my business again after that kinda treatment. Glad they did right by you.

As far as having her back home, just hope she doesn't find out the '3' was sleeping in her spot.(shocked) :)

RedHotP5 said:
That dealer would earn my business again after that kinda treatment. Glad they did right by you.

As far as having her back home, just hope she doesn't find out the '3' was sleeping in her spot.(shocked) :)

naw she's cool. she's back where she belongs. after driving the two, i have no regrets. i mean the three was cool, but getting the P5 for 7K cheaper, pre-certified and warrantied and now with $1200 worth of work (free) i am glad i got the shaggin' wagon.

chexmix78 said:
naw she's cool. she's back where she belongs. after driving the two, i have no regrets. i mean the three was cool, but getting the P5 for 7K cheaper, pre-certified and warrantied and now with $1200 worth of work (free) i am glad i got the shaggin' wagon.
damn skippy! And I think the three's a good bit more than 100lbs heavier than the P5. At least, the ones I drove sure felt like it. The handling's a little sluggish too, comparatively speaking. And my P5's on stock suspension right now.

Back