P5 subwoofer

SNike05 said:
I have no idea who these cars belong to but they were saved like 1.5+ years ago. I've seen others as well.

I wouldn't exactly call that "in the jack compartment". That's more like the whole back hatch area. I don't think there's any way you could actually enclose a sub in the jack area and make it hit right.

You could fit a 6" or 8" on the left side of hatch and take up very little space...useable space that is.

chuyler1 said:
You could fit a 6" or 8" on the left side of hatch and take up very little space...useable space that is.

Funny, I thought about that.
I was wondering if anyone has tried something like this?

yes many have. I posted pics above for subs in the right side. If you search the forum you will also find subs on the left side.

I haven't seen an 8" sub on the left side yet. Most people cram a 10" in there and take up more space than I'd be willing to sacrifice.

superboyblue said:
woah, good thing i found this thread. I was about to buy the stock woofer from ebay too.
Well, I purchased a subwoofer on ebay for $80 bucks and just installed it.....I listen to classic rock and roll....no hip hop. The OEM sub adds plenty of bass....in fact, I had to turn down the sub significantly as there was too much bass. The install is a snap. A new irritation is the stock rear license plate holder that rattles with the sub....there is no good way to secure the bottom end of the license plate. I would recommend the OEM sub as a simple, economic solution.

Last edited:
i have the 6 speaker surround + stock sub, and listening to rock/techno/classical it sounds stellar. if i need a boom fix, i go ride around with 2 mtx comp 10's and a 1200 watt amp in the 1g. its perfect for daily music in the p5 tho. i really am impressed with the clarity of sound it offers, and the balance

bikemd said:
Well, I purchased a subwoofer on ebay for $80 bucks and just installed it.....I listen to classic rock and roll....no hip hop. The OEM sub adds plenty of bass....in fact, I had to turn down the sub significantly as there was too much bass. The install is a snap. A new irritation is the stock rear license plate holder that rattles with the sub....there is no good way to secure the bottom end of the license plate. I would recommend the OEM sub as a simple, economic solution.

Soon the spoiler will rattle as well. There is a how to for fixing all this.

Back