Is this real?

Well, aempower.com says
"AEM does not currently have this product for your application. For a complete listing of available AEM products for your application, please click on "View All Product Applications" icon located in the application search function on the navigation bar to the left."

So the ebayer with 71 negative feedbacks in the last month is seling a fake.

just an FYI, lots of fake stuff can be found on ebay for our cars. search for Mazda and JDM, lol.

Teins are also being sold and are fake:
http://protege5.com/vbb230/showthread.php?t=123630623

I do have a generic polished SRI ebay intake, K&N filter. Love it. Drive through lots of heavy rain, no fears of hydrolock.

ACKBAR.jpg

and that solves the mystery. it is not a knock off, the intake is not for the P5! look at the title for the Amazon listing.

AEM 22480P Ram Air Mzda Protoge99-00

So basically the guy posting the intake on ebay is unaware that the intake will not fit.

What mystery? The product description says cold air intake, short ram series on ebay.....it contradicts itself in it's description. Big tip off. But if I was gonna buy a fake AEM intake I would get the one where the part number was used to find it half price on amazon.com......as if, LOL

the mystery as to whether or not it was an AEM SRI. Well, it is. just not for our cars.

Yeah, a lot of ebay sellers have no idea what they are selling.

Then there's the part where the pic doesn't necessarily represent what will show up on the doorstep.

Back