How to cure Cel/Mil from removing cat with Non-Fouler

Rac3rX:
So i have a header with one Bung...does this cel/mill will help me? Or i have to connect the wiring from 2nd O2 sensor and then do this?
thx

Vitaliy

the Non-Fouler is ment for 2nd sensor (2nd bung) that's the one that keeps an eye if ur cat is doin its job ... u can just get 2nd bung welded on ur header if u rlly want to

peace

LX_StreetGlow said:
the Non-Fouler is ment for 2nd sensor (2nd bung) that's the one that keeps an eye if ur cat is doin its job ... u can just get 2nd bung welded on ur header if u rlly want to

peace
but is that nessacary? Can I just connect the 2nd O2 to the first one and then do this mod?

no. Take the header to a local muffler shop and have it put in. You must have it. I did it with my Ractive, and it was like 25 bucks. And don't forgetto reset the ecu people!

Drake13 said:
I'll try that tomarrow. I made real sure there was no tension on the wires when i was twisting them. Ya i noticed the censor part was kind of close to the wall. I'll give it a shot and let ya know.

Hopefully thats all it is.

If you dont have a second 02 sensor bung, Ylu have a couple options...

1st & recomended get your bung installed after teh second cat (you need to extend the o2 sensoor wires) It being behind a cat it will think its behind cat 1 (It dont know the difference) No need for a non-fouler

2nd Do as sugested and get a second bung installed on the header then put the non-fouler mod on it.

Saint-Knight said:
but is that nessacary? Can I just connect the 2nd O2 to the first one and then do this mod?

That makes no sence...

Connect the second 02 sensor to the first one?

Of course you cant do that, have you ever fixed an issue by plugging something in where it doesnt belong and leaving something that needs to be plugged in unplugged?

Last edited:
Rac3rX said:
Hopefully thats all it is.

If you dont have a second 02 sensor bung, Ylu have a couple options...

1st & recomended get your bung installed after teh second cat (you need to extend the o2 sensoor wires) It being behind a cat it will think its behind cat 1 (It dont know the difference) No need for a non-fouler

2nd Do as sugested and get a second bung installed on the header then put the non-fouler mod on it.

What do you mean by "bung"

And if this doesn't work out today i'll do the 02 behind my high flow cat.

Okay I took the sensor off "as stated in the How-To" and drilled it completely through. Matter of fact I drilled it so far through I went about 1/4 inch into my concrete floor in my garage. I was like, damn this is taking forever.. then I noticed all the white ash. Anyways.. I got 11.4 miles with NO CEL! I'll keep you guys posted.

i had to do it to not get a CEL. After that, 20K miles, 1 CEL when running a Seafoam fiuel system cleaner. treatment and sucked in way too much at once.

Rac3rX said:
Damn, thats some serious drilling.

GL I hope that everything works out.

Ya i put the bad boy on Hammer and started drilling away.. after about 5mins of drilling I was thinking to myself.. damn this is taking forever (hand) . Ya i hope it works.. last time it threw a CEL after 3.3 miles this time I got 11 .. crossing fingers (wiggle)

Rac3rX said:
Not on OBX headers, OBX headers Only have 1 bung on them.

You need a Bung welded in to put the 2nd 02 Sensor in (But this would be done behind CAT 1 NOT on the header, as to eliminate any need for a CEL fix.

And If you were to have a set of headers that already has 2 bungs, If you just put your o2 sensor back in without a CEL fix, You get a CEL, PERIOD, the 2nd o2 sensor is only there to confirm CAT 1 is working, if there is no cat, its throws a CEL.
MAN! I LOVE U! ******* GOD! Finally I did proper way as you said. I bought a bung and weled a second O2 in... and took me around 10 min to extend 4 wires. Now good bad...Check Engine Light IS GONE...and I have to say the car feels different some how I don't know ...it's more stable and runs better for sure, don't know about the power...thanks you again!!!

Back