How to cure Cel/Mil from removing cat with Non-Fouler

Yeah this works for CAT-less, but if you have OBX header then you should already have a CEL fix installed, what do you have installed as you curent CEL fix?

well I just installed the obx header everythin worked fine (that was about 6k miles ago and still its fine, no CEL) i'm about to install MAM catless mid pipe, so i just wanted to know

peace

I have the wagner shorty header and the wagner downpipe without cat and mam midpipe with cat and I ran the wires for the second o2 sensor behind the cat on the midpipe. The midpipe came with a bung behind the cat and it worked out fine, no cel. Thats just another way of doing it.

LX_StreetGlow said:
well I just installed the obx header everythin worked fine (that was about 6k miles ago and still its fine, no CEL) i'm about to install MAM catless mid pipe, so i just wanted to know

peace

Wait

If You installed OBX headers what did you do with the 2nd o2 sensor?

Last edited:
both of them are on my header, (dont both o2 connect to the header, there was one that connects just under the egr pipe, and 2nd just before end of the header where it connects to mid-pipe) is that right or is there another one????

peace

LX_StreetGlow said:
both of them are on my header, (dont both o2 connect to the header, there was one that connects just under the egr pipe, and 2nd just before end of the header where it connects to mid-pipe) is that right or is there another one????

peace

Not on OBX headers, OBX headers Only have 1 bung on them.

You need a Bung welded in to put the 2nd 02 Sensor in (But this would be done behind CAT 1 NOT on the header, as to eliminate any need for a CEL fix.

And If you were to have a set of headers that already has 2 bungs, If you just put your o2 sensor back in without a CEL fix, You get a CEL, PERIOD, the 2nd o2 sensor is only there to confirm CAT 1 is working, if there is no cat, its throws a CEL.

Last edited:
Actually, OBX has 2 bungs already, the Ractive has 1 bung. I have the Ractive, and it was $25 or $26 to get a new one welded in.

RaiderMP5 said:
Actually, OBX has 2 bungs already, the Ractive has 1 bung. I have the Ractive, and it was $25 or $26 to get a new one welded in.

True still, but no CEL, after 6k?? If that were my car I would be worried something else is busted, because something is DEFINATLY wrong.

You had the bung welded after the 2nd Cat?

Rac3rX said:
True still, but no CEL, after 6k?? If that were my car I would be worried something else is busted, because something is DEFINATLY wrong.

You had the bung welded after the 2nd Cat?

2nd bung welded at the merger, before the 2nd cat onthe midpipe. I have the non-foulers. running without them, CEL after 100 miles tops.

RaiderMP5 said:
2nd bung welded at the merger, before the 2nd cat onthe midpipe. I have the non-foulers. running without them, CEL after 100 miles tops.

Yeah the non-fouler makes it really not too important to have the 02 sensor extended behind the 2nd CAT (It would eliminate teh need for the non-fouler) But its such a cheap and easy fix.

Yeah, for sure after arround 100miles with no CEL fix the CEL pops up me too, and triggers "Limp Mode".

This guy says hes had the headers put in with no CEL fix ahs has been running arround for 6k miles with no CEL......Thats not right.

hmm not sure, i aint makin this up bro, car is running top notch, im using 89...
i sure hope there aint nothin wrong

peace

LX_StreetGlow said:
hmm not sure, i aint makin this up bro, car is running top notch, im using 89...
i sure hope there aint nothin wrong

peace

I hope one of the more knoledgeable finds this thread and has a explination for you.

Ive racked my brain and cantt figure out why you dont have a CEL.

Did you do the instal yourself or did a shop do it for you? (Maybe they did it on there own) If you did it, Im completly stumped, and not even sure if you should be worried or not.

"Technically" you should of thrown a CEL a long time ago. (Is the CEL light working?)

Rac3rX said:
"Technically" you should of thrown a CEL a long time ago. (Is the CEL light working?)

yeah its workin, just like 3 weeks ago it went on wen my AIT sensor got disconnected

peace

LX_StreetGlow said:
i did it myself,,, damn man u gots me worried now

peace

The only thing I can think of is that you have a partially clogged 02 sensor that By fluke is enough to only minimize the emissions it toughes to efectively read what it would read if there was a CAT there, but without one.

This is like shooting a bull's eye with a dart when looking the other way your first time playing darts.

Hopefully some otheres can help shed some light.

If it were me I would remove the sensor, clean it as gently as possible, these things are fragile, and install the non-fouler then reset the ECU to be safe. Anybody else agree?

Last edited:
i went to smog test yesterday passed no probs, and as i stated b4 car runs real good.... yeah i hope sumone who knows more will shed sum light

peace

LX_StreetGlow said:
i went to smog test yesterday passed no probs, and as i stated b4 car runs real good.... yeah i hope sumone who knows more will shed sum light

peace

Smog test aint the issue...

Okay i just tried this and not even 4 miles down the road.. BAM! a CEL. There are some things i didn't do completely so I'm going to try them tomarrow. When i was drilling the inside out with a 1/2 bit, I got the damn thing stuck in right before it went alllll the way through so I figured what the hell.. its good enough once i spent like 15mins jacking with it and pulled it out. Also does it REALLY matter that your wires aren't twisted? I mean ya i know you could rip them out but what I did was twist it the oposite direction so it would straigh'n out when I screwed it in.. they are a little twisted. Please let me know if drilling it ALL the way through would make a difference. Also i have the tsudo header and I installed the fouler on the 2nd O2 sensor ( fartest away from the manifold.)

Both those things can cause issues,

The hole needs to be fully drilled to create the proper chamber.

Dill her our completly and reset the ECU again, but BE CAREFULL with the o2 sensors they can easily get f-ed.

Twisting the wires I beleve might be the thing causing our issues, they are VERY delicate, its very important to do every step to prevent from twisting the wires because that could easily damage them.

Get the code checked, most likely its not getting anything or incorect signals from the sensor.

Please go though the whole "How to" before doing it, It explaines how to handle the sensors to avoid damaging them.

IMPORTAND to unclip the o2 sensor first so that you can spin the wires while you unscrew it to insure you dont over twist the wires.

Good Luck, unfortunatly twisting the wires might of ruined the sensors, and they might need to be replaced.

BTW I love the BC2 Kit, and Hope to have her on my ride eventually.

Last edited:
Rac3rX said:
Good Luck, unfortunatly twisting the wires might of ruined the sensors, and they might need to be replaced.

I'll try that tomarrow. I made real sure there was no tension on the wires when i was twisting them. Ya i noticed the censor part was kind of close to the wall. I'll give it a shot and let ya know.

Back