How to cure Cel/Mil from removing cat with Non-Fouler

Its a 2001 millenia. its had the code for a while shes been driving it like that. I did the install today. Went to napa got he part drilled it out and put it on the bottom o2 sensor. everything went fine. I was just worried that I would do the wrong one. I think its all sorted tough. code is reset will see if it comes back on. Thx

Just to clarify for you too, this fix is for those of us that installed aftermarket exhaust headers. Your mom most likely has a cat that has gone bad or a bad O2 sensor. This doesn't FIX the problem, just covers it up. If the cat is bad and clogging up, she will see a drop in performance and gas mileage as the exhaust gets more and more restricted. Like I said though, simply FYI.

Thx , I bought the wrong 02 sensor I was going to replace it that 1st. I know this is not a fix just a cover up. Im pretty sure it the 02 when i took it up it was pretty bad. didnt know if i could clean it so i just did this but i will get another 02 sensor and try it out. thanks

If you've got a multimeter and a torch, you can actually test your sensor to see if it's still good. If you're interested, lmk and I'll look up the exact instructions.

my cel keeps coming back on after this fix.. and when it wasn't on with my headers i had about 28 miles to the gallon...now i'm getting 24-25.. the code is fuel system too rich

my cel keeps coming back on after this fix.. and when it wasn't on with my headers i had about 28 miles to the gallon...now i'm getting 24-25.. the code is fuel system too rich

are you still running a header, or have you switched back to the stock exhaust?

Just installed a header and did the smog hack! Hopefully, come next year I'll pass my smog test and my check engine lite won't turn on!

Last edited:
02192010147.jpg
alternative to the vice grips.

i know this may be a stupid question, but does the o2 sensor and non fouler have to be connected to the header for this to work? the reason im asking this is because i just purchased a ractive header and it doesnt have the 2nd o2 bung. i was thinking that i could leave the o2 sensor and non fouler connected and maybe fasten it to somewhere else in the engine.

I'm pretty sure you'll need to have a bung welded into your header. But give it a shot. Hook up the O2 sensor to the wiring connector and secure it under the hood somewhere. No CEL, good to go, but I really doubt that'll work. The non-fouler trick is just limiting the amount of exhaust gas recognized by the sensor. There's no exhaust gases under the hood, so theoretically you should still have the CEL.

I'm pretty sure you'll need to have a bung welded into your header. But give it a shot. Hook up the O2 sensor to the wiring connector and secure it under the hood somewhere. No CEL, good to go, but I really doubt that'll work. The non-fouler trick is just limiting the amount of exhaust gas recognized by the sensor. There's no exhaust gases under the hood, so theoretically you should still have the CEL.

thanks, i kinda thought that it wont work, but i'll give it a shot. if it doesnt work, i'll do the cel/mil eliminator on the second o2 sensor

Tried the non fouler on rear 02,got rid of p0421 code,but now getting p037,p0140 codes,rear 02 measures 19 ohms across the black,and measuring up and down to 400mv across the blue white.What am i doing wrong,thanks 2002 protege es sedan

howcum d non-foulers dt i bought today cant fit 2 mah o2 sensor??

its 2 big d non-foulers 2 mah sensor.

nybody can help me??or do i nid 2 take out somethin from o2 sensor??
idk wut to do..kip showin d check engine on mah car now..

PM me..tnx..

question. I keep getting a p1107 code every 15(ABOUT) MILES. i installed the non foulers on both O2 sensors. any suggestions?

I'm just taking a guess, but I don't think you want the non-fouler on both your O2 sensors. You want it on just the 2nd cat. The non-fouler tricks the ECU into thinking it's receiving a different mixture since it's physically backed off from the exhaust flow a bit.

I've got an OBX style header with the non-fouler on the 2nd O2 sensor and been running fine for 1.5 years.

yea take it off the 1st, that one reads the AFR to make sure everything is running/combusting correctly

and are you sure that code is right, that doesnt even show up in the obd database

Back