How to cure Cel/Mil from removing cat with Non-Fouler

All headers are different and so is the midpipe depending on manfacturerrer. MAM just happened to place a bung in the midpipe with my purchase and Ractive only have 1 bung for the pre-cat sensor, and a 'bung' for the EGR.
And no, I wouldn't be able to 'flip' the midpipe upsidedown. Currently its just lightly touching the passenger floor pan whilst sticking out to the side. If I flip it upsidedown it would be pointing up and I don't think there would be any clearance. I'll have to check on that though.

All headers are different and so is the midpipe depending on manfacturerrer. MAM just happened to place a bung in the midpipe with my purchase and Ractive only have 1 bung for the pre-cat sensor, and a 'bung' for the EGR.
And no, I wouldn't be able to 'flip' the midpipe upsidedown. Currently its just lightly touching the passenger floor pan whilst sticking out to the side. If I flip it upsidedown it would be pointing up and I don't think there would be any clearance. I'll have to check on that though.
In this case, you'd do the non-fouler on the midpipe, being that there's only one actual sensor bung non your header.

I have a similar setup going obx header-mam midpipe. I have my midpipe's bung closed up with an oil drain plug.

All is good. I custom made a dampener for it... aka. rubber plus 3m tape. absorbed most of the vibrations and rattles

I have a CorkSport power series exhaust and am interested in getting headers. However if i replace the OEM headers with an aftermarket, i'll loose my only cat since the Corksport killed my second cat. Any suggestions on which header to get that will allow me to keep my 1st header? Someone suggested the Wagner Header?

Get a full header and go with a high flow cat midpipe. I don't think you really have many choices as far as half a header.

i'am still new to the import word so r u saing when u do this u can remove the first cat with no problems

will not work

this is crap it will not work on my 08 ms3 my CEL/MIL is on now with two cleaned out cats.... i'am looking for some good info for geting past this CEL/MIL my ms3 is running like s**t now
if someone knows what they are doing please let know to fix it
thax

Last edited:
dude if u find a way to stop the CEL/MIL from coming on please let me know
thanks alot

CEL is back on after 100 miles.

that sucks. Hope I get better luck. Reset my ECU and just did this along with the "resistor trick" (which didn't work). Ill find out by the end of the day cuz my cel comes up after 25miles like clock work.

this is crap it will not work on my 08 ms3 my CEL/MIL is on now with two cleaned out cats.... i'am looking for some good info for geting past this CEL/MIL my ms3 is running like s**t now
if someone knows what they are doing please let know to fix it
thax

I don't think anyone here said it would work on an 08 MS3...

It's working for me... No CEL for the first time after installing headers. Like i said before i reset/cleared the code and the CEL comes on 25 miles later... Not this time... So far 150+ miles and no p0421 code.

Good stuff

100 miles after installing the non-foulers, CEL back on and the P0421 code.... ****

anybody check to see if their 02 if functional at all? Might be the case. I still have had no success with this thing after a long time driving, drilling it, jacking up my car putting it on and back off. I think its time to get a mil eliminator.

14 months, probably close to 20,000 miles- not a single check engine light for that.

However, I did have a check engine light after I did my VTCS removal- turned out that I didn't pkug the EGR connector in. Anyway, when I took it to AutoZone to get the codes read, he said that it was an EGR code (obviously), but he also said that the ECU is watching the 2nd O2 sensor. There was no code for O2, but the ECU was monitoring that sensor because I guess the non-fouler "almost" makes it throw a code- but not quite. Interesting.

Back