Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How to cure Cel/Mil from removing cat with Non-Fouler

How to cure Cel/Mil from removing cat with Non-Fouler

How to cure Cel/Mil from removing cat with Non-Fouler

First off Id like to say I got the steps for this process from justanotheradikt He was great in helping make sure I did everything right and made no mistakes along the way (Good thing he was there because I was lost)

This will cure the Cel caused by removing the Catalytic converter, usually when you install headers.

Total time required: 15-20 min.

Tools and Parts required

Tools:
    Adjustable wrench & vise grips or another adjustable wrench (you need 2)
    Drill with 1/2 inch drill bit
    Clamp if availible, (Vice Grips and a foot will work too, if you have no clamp)

Parts required
    2 Spark Plug Non-fouler adapters 18mm w/gasket (Napa Part 7302442)
    2 come in a pack.

Here is a Pic of them in the package.

Step #1
    Disconect the negative terminal on the battery, then Take ONE & only one of your 2 non-foulers and Drill out the Top end with the 1/2 inch drill bit untill it goes all the way through.

You can eithor clamp the peice down to be drilled by hand, or do what I did & clamp some vice grips onto it, hold it down with your foot & drill away. You can also use a Drill press if you have access to one, but its easy to do it with a hand held drill.

Once done it should compare to the un-drilled peice like so...

Step #2
    Attach it to the un-drilled peice making sure the Un-drilled peice screws On Top of the drilled peice & making sure there is a gasket on.

It should look like so...

Step #3
    Unclip the o2 sensor clip & Disconect the o2 sensor (2nd o2 sensor for removal of Cat 1 with headers install) from the car using the adjustable wrench.

IMPORTAND to unclip the o2 sensor first so that you can spin the wires while you unscrew it to insure you dont over twist the wires.

Step #4
    Screw the o2 sensor into the non-foulers making sure you have a gasket on using eithor 2 adjustable wrenches or 1 adj wrench and vice grips. It should look like so...

Step #5
    Reconect the o2 sensor to the car and plug it back in. It should look like so...

Step #6
    Reconect the negative battery cable, while we did the install the ECU was reset from us disconecting the negative battery terminal in Step #1.

YOUR DONE!!!!

The ECU should take arround 300klm to adjust.

AGAIN!!!! SPECIAL THANKS to justanotheradikt for providing me with the knowledge to do the work & write up.
    Last edited by Rac3rX; 05-09-2006 at 07:34 PM.

91 GTI VR6
    My Cardomain Page

If all is legit, can this be moved to the "How To" Section?

Im sure it will help out people planning to install headers.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2003 mp5:( 1993 Miata

Good right up. Doing this on saturday to try and get rid of mine.

Me Vs. Sandspeed. The birth of a Monster
    http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...zdaSpeedII.flv
    Me Vs. 300+whp wrx..The good ol'e days.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3iYEJjZyzc

Current: 2005 SRT-4 w/ some bolt ons(upyours)
    Old:93 NA Miata. I/H/E.
    Old: 03 Built P5 Turbo...

Quote Originally Posted by justanotheradikt
    haha...VERY nice write up man!!! great pics too
    Yeah, thanks to you I didnt F it all up. I saw things in my head much different then when I got to doing it. (hell I had it all backwards for crying out loud)

Thanks again.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

03 protege dx 5spd

anytime man

03.5 msp

there's already a how-to on this in the how-to forum. it's in the how-to: make your own MIL eliminator thread

ﺳﻤﻴﺭ

2002 Protegé5

Nice, good stuff. You accumulated much info from many threads into one making it easy for many noobs.
    All the answers to the most frequently asked questions:

Car: 2002 (p5red) Tranny: Location: Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by jflo
    there's already a how-to on this in the how-to forum. it's in the how-to: make your own MIL eliminator thread

Nothing even close to this, They do explain the fix, but vauge & unclear, also its in the mid point of the thread, so people would need to fish to find the 4 line explination that is FAR from a how to. Also there is alot of disscussions about the wirering trick (AS in the thread title) This basically means there was No 'How To" For this untill now as its been put together as kind of a group project.
    Last edited by Rac3rX; 05-09-2006 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jflo
    I geuss to put it simple, There was NO Ho-To using the Non-Fouler. There is the How to use a resistor and capacitor to cure the Mil/Cel, but this is not the same (Read the FULL thread title).

12 MS3, 11 CX-9

nice writeup, you did a great job with explaining and pictures....good work!

Thanks!!! My own confusion on the project made it clear that it would be helpfull. justanotheradikt gave me the steps, & I took pics along the way. This is the end result.

1999 Mazda Protege ES

very good how to, i was wondering what the hell u drill out lol .
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/nautical2086
    Mods: Awr 4-2-1 Header, Bombz SR Intake, Corksport power series exhaust, Slimline fan, NGK V power plugs, and NGK wires, Corksport "MS Style front bumper, mp3 side skirts and rear skirt. Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Racing beat front and rear sway bars, Racing beat front strut bar. Tokico hp blue struts. Brembo Drilled/Slotted rotors. Kartboy Short shifter. Custom Grille, Alpine type x compenents, Alpine type x 12" sub, Alpine Amp 1000 watts rms

WTB: Keyless Entry Remote
    WTB thread here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123706014
    WTB: Driver's Side Visor
    WTB thread here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123706013

Thanks!! & NP, glad to help clear up the process.

Ohh and the o2 sensor, fit in the non-foulers beutifully!!!

Donated: $80!

2016 Subaru WRX Crystal White Pearl

Thanks for taking your time and writing it up! Great mod and as someone said...it was mentioned in another thread BUT we WILL keep this thread going as this is specifically for non-fouler
    Last edited by DiS; 05-10-2006 at 08:29 PM.
    Photography = Passion. Nikon D50.

My baby is sold but it's in great hands!

www.HidingPixel.com <-- my photo Portfolio
    My YouTube Channel

My Flickr Channel

My Wastegate goes bo.bo.bo.bo.ba.ba.ba.ba.BRRRRRRaBAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    I like Toitles!
    If common sense would be common, everybody would have it.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast