How to cure Cel/Mil from removing cat with Non-Fouler

Rac3rX

How to cure Cel/Mil from removing cat with Non-Fouler

First off Id like to say I got the steps for this process from justanotheradikt He was great in helping make sure I did everything right and made no mistakes along the way (Good thing he was there because I was lost)

This will cure the Cel caused by removing the Catalytic converter, usually when you install headers.

Total time required: 15-20 min.

Tools and Parts required

Tools:
Adjustable wrench & vise grips or another adjustable wrench (you need 2)
Drill with 1/2 inch drill bit
Clamp if availible, (Vice Grips and a foot will work too, if you have no clamp)

Parts required
2 Spark Plug Non-fouler adapters 18mm w/gasket (Napa Part 7302442)
2 come in a pack.

Here is a Pic of them in the package.

dsc00062small4ik.jpg

Step #1
Disconect the negative terminal on the battery, then Take ONE & only one of your 2 non-foulers and Drill out the Top end with the 1/2 inch drill bit untill it goes all the way through.

dsc00061small28ie.jpg

You can eithor clamp the peice down to be drilled by hand, or do what I did & clamp some vice grips onto it, hold it down with your foot & drill away. You can also use a Drill press if you have access to one, but its easy to do it with a hand held drill.

dsc00069small5fh.jpg

dsc00066small5oa.jpg

Once done it should compare to the un-drilled peice like so...

dsc00070small1pm.jpg

Step #2
Attach it to the un-drilled peice making sure the Un-drilled peice screws On Top of the drilled peice & making sure there is a gasket on.

It should look like so...

dsc00078small5cm.jpg

dsc00077small4sn.jpg

Step #3
Unclip the o2 sensor clip & Disconect the o2 sensor (2nd o2 sensor for removal of Cat 1 with headers install) from the car using the adjustable wrench.

IMPORTAND to unclip the o2 sensor first so that you can spin the wires while you unscrew it to insure you dont over twist the wires.

Step #4
Screw the o2 sensor into the non-foulers making sure you have a gasket on using eithor 2 adjustable wrenches or 1 adj wrench and vice grips. It should look like so...

dsc00080small2nv.jpg

dsc00079small4fi.jpg

Step #5
Reconect the o2 sensor to the car and plug it back in. It should look like so...

dsc00081small9dq.jpg

Step #6
Reconect the negative battery cable, while we did the install the ECU was reset from us disconecting the negative battery terminal in Step #1.

YOUR DONE!!!!

The ECU should take arround 300klm to adjust.

AGAIN!!!! SPECIAL THANKS to justanotheradikt for providing me with the knowledge to do the work & write up.

Last edited:
If all is legit, can this be moved to the "How To" Section?

Im sure it will help out people planning to install headers.

justanotheradikt said:
haha...VERY nice write up man!!! great pics too

Yeah, thanks to you I didnt F it all up. I saw things in my head much different then when I got to doing it. (hell I had it all backwards for crying out loud)

Thanks again.

there's already a how-to on this in the how-to forum. it's in the how-to: make your own MIL eliminator thread

Nice, good stuff. You accumulated much info from many threads into one making it easy for many noobs.

jflo said:
there's already a how-to on this in the how-to forum. it's in the how-to: make your own MIL eliminator thread

Nothing even close to this, They do explain the fix, but vauge & unclear, also its in the mid point of the thread, so people would need to fish to find the 4 line explination that is FAR from a how to. Also there is alot of disscussions about the wirering trick (AS in the thread title) This basically means there was No 'How To" For this untill now as its been put together as kind of a group project.

Last edited:
jflo said:

I geuss to put it simple, There was NO Ho-To using the Non-Fouler. There is the How to use a resistor and capacitor to cure the Mil/Cel, but this is not the same (Read the FULL thread title).

Thanks!!! My own confusion on the project made it clear that it would be helpfull. justanotheradikt gave me the steps, & I took pics along the way. This is the end result.

Thanks!! & NP, glad to help clear up the process.

Ohh and the o2 sensor, fit in the non-foulers beutifully!!!

Thanks for taking your time and writing it up! Great mod and as someone said...it was mentioned in another thread BUT we WILL keep this thread going as this is specifically for non-fouler (thumb)

Last edited:
RaiderMP5 said:
A+ write up!!! This one needs to be in the how-to section ASAP!
it is in a "how-to" section, hehe

Back