Hello, Newb here with a question about dead pedal.

chexmix78

:
03 Protege5 traded on 11mar08, new ride iTouring Value 4dr Sedan
I am new here, so i would like to say hi first of all. If all works out well i am going to pick up a 2003 Protege5 tonight. I am new to the forum and new to the car, so I don't know much.

I test drove the protege5 on saturday and negotiated for it yesterday. so i am scheduled to pick it up today. I noticed during the test drive that the rubber cover for the clutch was missing, so i asked the dealer (it was actually my last negotiation) if he would just replace the pedal set with the mazdaspeed pedal set. I even gave them the part number to make it easier... i figured they would do it since it's probably dirt cheap for them, and i was going to spend the 60 bucks on the set regardless, so it worked out.

so i am assuming that this does not include the dead pedal....do these cars even include a dead pedal, sorry for the newb questions, i only drove it for a few minutes and didn't notice all the details i should have.
i have searched here and elsewhere and it seems only a 3 piece set is available. i have seen a 4 pc set for the Miata. can you use the dead pedal for the protege? is it sold seperately? thanks in advance

chexmix78

Welcome to the forums. I believe there is a seperate one that kinda looks like the mazdaspeed set but not sure who makes it, where to get it. etc. I have also been considering one since I have sportronic trans & silver pedal set. Post up if you find it anywhere. I'm sure if the miata dead pedal is samish shape then sure, use it if it matches enough & if you can get it by itself.

hey....welcome to the forums....

the dead pedal does not come with that set. i have a dead pedal but it was made by a forum memeber. i dont think they come on here anymore but you can see them floating around in the FS section every once and a while....
but your lucky cause i might be selling mine... will prob be selling my car in the very near future.

keep us updated on the progress of the p5

yeah thanks, i will check tonight at the dealer, i will see what they installed. i'll also check if they can get me a miata one, if it fits etc...

i still haven't signed anything, but it guess me getting the car is all but official, i got the loan and it's already insured....i'll keep you guys posted....

that part is hard to come by...i asked richard at mazdastuff and he can't even get it??

Ok, so here is an update... I am the new owner of a 2003 Protege 5 in sunlight Silver with 36,000 miles exactly. it has a Manual transmision, and a whole buncha other accesories i didn't know when i negotiated for it. It does have the subwoofer and 6 disc cd changer. it also has a sunroof. It doesn;t have ABS. but other than that, it's perfect.

I love it so far. it's everything i want in a car. i love the silver accents inside, nice touch without being overkill. the whole interior is awesome. i love the orange gauges and lites, reminds me of my FC.

there is a lot i didn't know about the car, but the more i drive it the more i like it. like the leather wrapped wheel and knob is a nice touch...heck the whole wheel is nice, is it a momo? If i am not mistaken, momo is used in mazdas right?

the pedal set was installed, it was the 3 piece mazdaspeed set and it's a nice touch. i am still going to look into installing a dead pedal, but it would have to match.

more to come.

chexmix78 said:
Ok, so here is an update... I am the new owner of a 2003 Protege 5 in sunlight Silver with 36,000 miles exactly. it has a Manual transmision, and a whole buncha other accesories i didn't know when i negotiated for it. It does have the subwoofer and 6 disc cd changer. it also has a sunroof. It doesn;t have ABS. but other than that, it's perfect.

I love it so far. it's everything i want in a car. i love the silver accents inside, nice touch without being overkill. the whole interior is awesome. i love the orange gauges and lites, reminds me of my FC.

there is a lot i didn't know about the car, but the more i drive it the more i like it. like the leather wrapped wheel and knob is a nice touch...heck the whole wheel is nice, is it a momo? If i am not mistaken, momo is used in mazdas right?

the pedal set was installed, it was the 3 piece mazdaspeed set and it's a nice touch. i am still going to look into installing a dead pedal, but it would have to match.

more to come.

nardi wheel

bazooka joe said:
nardi wheel

awesome, i peeked in the mazdaspeed 6 at the dealer for a split second and i thought i saw the nardi emblem.. but only glanced in while i was walking past it... pretty cool but if mine is a nardi too, how come id doesn't have the ND emblem?

Last edited:
Back