Whats the highest mileage for a turbo??

2003pro5

I want to get a turbo and getting closer to achieving this goal. My question is whats the highest mileage you can add a turbo. I have 41000, and worried that i will have to many miles.

i dont think it matters, well, as long as its under 100k, 41k will be fine, that means ur engine is about 1.5-2 years old? turbo will be fine on that

You can put a turbo on at any mileage, there is no rule against it.

A local DSM friend of mine just ran his 97 Talon TSi at the track this weekend, the car has over 240,000km on a stock bottom end and ran consistant 11.9 @ 120mph. Ya i know its stock turbo motor, but the engine is getting up there and still pulls off 11sec runs.

cheapmiata1600 said:
You can't turbo a car after 45,000 miles. Better hurry up!!!

Who made this rule!!?!?!?!

I turbo'ed at 48k, and motor is still kickin ass and taken names.

turboed the pro at 87,000 miles and still going strong. as long as you took care of the motor, you should be fine, just dont beat the crap outta it every day, and you will have many more miles of enjoyment!!
craig

there is no rule, some cars come stock with turbos and last a long time, it depends on the abuse you will be givin the engine, take care of it and she'll run for a long time

i turboed at 69k mi. it runs fine, and still get the original highway miles because of not running under boost the whole freaking way (drove from norhtern az to seattle in 2 days and only pumped 45 gal of gas)

Back