P5 pulling weight

That was MY caravan... don't laugh at! I could do it, I just needed a better run at it, that's all!!!

Seriously, you'll be fine. I've towed with my P5, so far only about 500 lbs including trailer... and it's worked great. I do plan on getting a boat at some point, which will weigh a bit more, but I will look into trailer brakes if it's over 1,000 lbs. I don't want the boat pushing me around if I need to stop. At 500 lbs, I didn't really notice any more braking effort.

hex2bit said:
That was MY caravan... don't laugh at! I could do it, I just needed a better run at it, that's all!!!

Seriously, you'll be fine. I've towed with my P5, so far only about 500 lbs including trailer... and it's worked great. I do plan on getting a boat at some point, which will weigh a bit more, but I will look into trailer brakes if it's over 1,000 lbs. I don't want the boat pushing me around if I need to stop. At 500 lbs, I didn't really notice any more braking effort.

thanks for the reasureance!! guess I need to order my class 1 hitch and reviever. which hitch do you have??

i loaded 480 lbs of top soil in my hatch and boy was i riding low. fender gap was totally gone. it was if i had dropped the car like 4 inches or more.

dont see a problem me and my 3 budies tip the scales in at 1050lb and my car has no problem so you should be good ( btw we aren't fat we are all over 6'-2" its cramped in the car.

I've pulled a 3 rail motorcycle trailer with a 340lb motorcycle on it through the mountains of Virginia and W. Virginia on my way to Massachusetts. 14 hour drive round trip in 1 weekend. It will be just fine.

Back