Removal for Intake, and VTCS removal...

Magus

:
Madza3 2005 5-speed
VTCS removal = rough idle when cold?

I am thinking of performing the exorcism of the VTCS demon(laugh) (gun) .

Intake Manifold removal:http://www.nsnmotorsports.com/docs/thermalinstall.htm

VTCS removal and how to port and polish your intake manifold:
http://flatblack.somethingsomething.org/p5/porting/index.html

Only question is, will the car run like crap till it warms up?

Now you might be saying, but Magus get the MP3 ECU. I would if it did not require getting 93 Octane. My goal with this car is to make the car more efficient and powerful at the sametime (the way it should have come stock!) I travel alot and I do not like giving money to oil sheiks.

Oh if it does run like crap, would it get better if I removed the first cat and got a header? Or would that make the situation worse?

Thank you for your time fellow Proteges'
Thank you TheMAN for point out the how to in the DIY.

Magus

Last edited:
Well guys,
After I posted I found my answer. It appears that when you remove the VTCS, the car runs like crap till it warms up. So I guess if you do not want to deal with the car running like crap till it warms up, or do not want the MP3 ecu (with required 93 gas), it's probably not worth it.

Magus said:
Well guys,
After I posted I found my answer. It appears that when you remove the VTCS, the car runs like crap till it warms up. So I guess if you do not want to deal with the car running like crap till it warms up, or do not want the MP3 ecu (with required 93 gas), it's probably not worth it.
Haven't experienced that but I live in warmer climate. I suppose that it could make a difference where it is colder but I have noticed no difference as far as any cold idle problems.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
Haven't experienced that but I live in warmer climate. I suppose that it could make a difference where it is colder but I have noticed no difference as far as any cold idle problems.

What mods do you have?

SlowPro98 said:
What mods do you have?
SRI w/K&N, header, hi flow midpipe/cat, 2.25 ss exh w/magnaflow muffler, udp, front mm insert, grnd wires, 10mm sprk plug wires. Stock ECU. Always use 87 at the pump. Get about 28mpg w/sport auto. That's about it motorwise, haven't cracked into the long block for anything......yet.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
SRI w/K&N, header, hi flow midpipe/cat, 2.25 ss exh w/magnaflow muffler, udp, front mm insert, grnd wires, 10mm sprk plug wires. Stock ECU. Always use 87 at the pump. Get about 28mpg w/sport auto. That's about it motorwise, haven't cracked into the long block for anything......yet.

How loud is your exhaust with your current setup? and where do you live?

I like your setup, that's very close to what I'm aiming for.

My exhaust is not overly loud but has lots of bass where it'll set off every car alarm in parking garages or passing cars parked on the street. Great fun, like some sonic wave passing thru thats just gets them all. No bad droning on the highway but some audio beyond stock would be cool. Most of the time I just ride listening to the exhaust since radio is garbage here & I get burnt out on CDs til I download/burn new stuff. I live in Houston,TX but not much CA type visual happens on inspections. Pretty much no, CELs no problem to pass.

Great!,
I need more people to comment on the state of there car before it's warmed up with this mod & are not using a MP3 ecu. My current mods are listed and I get 29 mpg hwy/ 26 mpq city (that's driving fast). Come on guys, let me know what's going on.

Magus

Back