Options for adding an auxiliary input on the Mazda3

So if I want to do the P.I.E. method that is at the top, I just buy the PXP03 connector from that website and then it will just connect directly into the back of my factory stereo? Has anybody done this?

So if I want to do the P.I.E. method that is at the top, I just buy the PXP03 connector from that website and then it will just connect directly into the back of my factory stereo? Has anybody done this?

No you'd need to buy "MAZ/PC-ALP CD" too. That gets connected to the back of the stereo and the other cable plugs into it... I just happened to buy one of these just a few days ago and it doesn't work with my iPhone, like I wanted. Instead of buying the "PXP03" I bought "ALP/M-3NPUT" which not only has an iPod adapter but any audio player using headphone outputs or any device using RCA outputs (DVD player, Game System, etc.). I installed it and it worked with my roommates iPod but not with my iPhone. I called the company and they told me I had to buy an adapter for my iPhone headphone jack, and well I thought that was lame so I'm looking to sell it.

Thanks for the info! Just ordered the DICE unit w/Text. It doesn't say it's backordered so I hope to get it by this weekend.

To connect ipod to my car

I have a non american model called the Mazda BT-50. It is a pick up truck and the radio has a Media button available. Is there a way to connect the ipod using that button? Or using other method rather than the FM transmitter.

Also the car dealer sells the ipod adaptor, but doesn't let you manage the ipod, only through the radio. I read it is hooked in the CD changer slot, so does someone know if I can use the MAZASX?

AuxMod, hands down is a godsend.

This thread still strong after all these years....

I had my 6 disc cd player go bad on me when I reached 20,000 miles on my '05 Mazda3 (bought it new in April of '05). It was replaced under warranty with a new HU (at the time they just said it was a "general malfunction"). Basically the changer refused to play any cds and would respond erratically with different outcomes (sometimes spit the disc out, others keep it for life). At 42,000 miles it happened again. Same issues and problems. They replaced the HU again. Keep in mind that I was driving 200 miles a day and this was in the first year. I changed jobs and everything was cool until 3 weeks ago. The HU acted up and the same problems came haunting me back. Now @ 74,000 miles and 3 years later almost exactly, I have no warranty... I decided either option A: Replace same crap unit that WILL break by 100,000 miles for who knows how much or B: buy an mp3 player which I need anyways. I choose B (a psp slim, which now doubles as my GPS unit, Dash movie player and Dash music player or whatever the passenger wants to use it for if they are bored enough). Problem is that I live in a heavy area with lots of unusable airwaves and the FM transmitter I bought specifically for this (Belkin TuneCast 3) just doesnt hold up enough and word on the streets of crappy audio stores is that its one of the best.

So... I just bought the AuxMod for 65 bucks S+S and thats a hell'uva lot cheapert than the stuff designed for an Ipod.

When it comes later this week Im just going to drill a hole in a convenient location and make a standard input jack flush so that if nothings plugged in it won't look out of place.

Long story short, thanks everone for the great info, the time, the knowledge and a big FU to Mazda for making one of the best cars i've ever owned such a pain in the F'ing ass to drive once every 20,000 miles!

I have a non american model called the Mazda BT-50. It is a pick up truck and the radio has a Media button available. Is there a way to connect the ipod using that button? Or using other method rather than the FM transmitter.

Not really sure if the ipod adapters in the OP are compatible with the B series pickups. I think your best chance would be to contact the sellers individually to see if their module works on it. I know multiple of the adapters work on other models though.

I want to purchase the switch box but also wanted to know how hard is it to install. Can anyone give me some info on that please.

I want to purchase the switch box but also wanted to know how hard is it to install. Can anyone give me some info on that please.

PM me your e-mail address and I can send you mazda's pdf instructions for installing the switchbox. Really they make it much more difficult to do and installing it is really quite easy.

Just wondering if anyone from Canada ordered the AUXMOD? if so, how long did it take to get it. I ordered mine about a week and a half ago and it was shipping via USPS.

so, I read most of the thread....but still havent found my answer to my question. IF you get the Sirius radio option with your MS3, your media button doesnt work. I went to the dealer and they told me that there is only 1 imput in the back, it's either the sirius or the Aux input, but somewhere on this thread I read that a dealer fixed this for someone. What is this device called? where can I get one? how much does it cost? how expensive is it? can I still listen to my sirius radio and play my MP3's?
Thanks
Chris

so, I read most of the thread....but still havent found my answer to my question. IF you get the Sirius radio option with your MS3, your media button doesnt work. I went to the dealer and they told me that there is only 1 imput in the back, it's either the sirius or the Aux input, but somewhere on this thread I read that a dealer fixed this for someone. What is this device called? where can I get one? how much does it cost? how expensive is it? can I still listen to my sirius radio and play my MP3's?
Thanks
Chris

From the OP

OEM input switch box (P/N TD1379CFZ)- For 2007+ models with the ACI. Allows you to plug the ACI, as well as one of the following: sirius, phatbox, OEM ipod adapter, etc. into the HU via the sirius/CD changer jack. ~$113.60
(Note: One input on the switch box works only with the ACI)

This is what you're talking about. The "name" p/n and price are listed above. You can purchase it from any dealership, though the link I put is for www.onlinemazdaparts.com. I've used him a bunch and he's fantastic! It will allow you to plug in both your sirius and the ACI and both will work normally (i.e. push SAT for sirius, or push MEDIA for the ACI).

Let me know if you need any more info. on it.

Just wondering if anyone from Canada ordered the AUXMOD? if so, how long did it take to get it. I ordered mine about a week and a half ago and it was shipping via USPS.

its now been 3 weeks....... I'm really annoyed. Decided to purchase another unit as I need it. If i get 2 then I'll sell one of them for the amount I paid shipping included.

its now been 3 weeks....... I'm really annoyed. Decided to purchase another unit as I need it. If i get 2 then I'll sell one of them for the amount I paid shipping included.

Well that's lame. Mine took a little under 2 weeks shipped to the US. I know USPS usually takes longer going to Canada, but no idea what the average is.

My first post! Well I just purchased a new 2007 Mazda3 5 door GT, with the Bose upgrade, and thought I would weigh in on this and ask a question......
They installed Sirius at delivery and then I discovered my aux jack didn't work. I would press the media key and nothing, with an ipod nano hooked up. So, I took it back and they fixed it- said they had to install an "adapter" (the word they used). So now both the Sirius and the aux jack work. I guess my question now is, does this OEM ipod cable from Mazda really add that much functionality over the aux jack? I didn't know about this cable at the time of purchase. If it doesn't show you what you're scrolling through on the lcd screen, I'm not sure how much extra use that would be, as well as the ipod then having to sit in the glove box and be harder to get at to change menus etc. Any thoughts on this?
freediverdude

did they make you pay for it? I just called mazda and they told me that the switchbox had to be ordered and paid for plus labor. I'm pretty upset about this whole thing. they should've just added it from the beggining.

Does anyone have a link to get the Auxmod???

So if I get a charger/headphone adapter to plug my ipod into the armrest I still will not be able to control the ipod through the steering wheel? And it will be ABSOLUTELY necessary to avoid accelerator feedback that I get the ground loop isolator correct?

Will the auxmod allow you to control your ipod form the steering wheel AND see the stuff on the screen?

Mine is a 2007 Speed 3 GT if it makes any difference on the car

Does anyone have a link to get the Auxmod???

So if I get a charger/headphone adapter to plug my ipod into the armrest I still will not be able to control the ipod through the steering wheel? And it will be ABSOLUTELY necessary to avoid accelerator feedback that I get the ground loop isolator correct?

Will the auxmod allow you to control your ipod form the steering wheel AND see the stuff on the screen?

Mine is a 2007 Speed 3 GT if it makes any difference on the car

The link for the Aux Mod is in the OP, just click on the listing. ;)

If you run any Mp3 player in through an Aux Mod, or through the ACI (input in your armrest) and charge it at the same time then you will get alternator whine. Your choices on avoiding this are simple. Don't charge your player, or use a ground loop isolator. Several people have had success with using a monster 3.5-3.5 cable from target which eliminated all interference for them..... I tried it out and apparently it doesn't help with an Aux Mod.

The Aux Mod basic is a simple input and only allows you to send audio data to the stereo..... think of it as a big pair of headphones. If you plug a set of headphones into your headphone output on the ipod can they control it? Along the same lines it will not display any text info. on the display. Beyond all that the Aux Mod serves the same purpose as the ACI you already have so there's not much point in you buying it.

If what you're looking for is ipod integration then check out the audiolink, DICE, Prolink and Grom units. If you want text display then go with the new DICE/Prolink modules.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

~remi

Well that's lame. Mine took a little under 2 weeks shipped to the US. I know USPS usually takes longer going to Canada, but no idea what the average is.

I finally got mine!!!!! the second one that is..... i am in talks to have the first one refunded back to me. Got it installed and it works like a charm.

It would be cool to control the ipod from the steering wheel, but I think i will just buy this unit:

57_1.JPG

it's less than $20 and charges the ipod and uses the dock on the bottom for better sound. But I WILL be needing a ground loop isolator correct, since it will be charging at the same time?

Back