Options for adding an auxiliary input on the Mazda3

You want to send the signal through bluetooth? I have a belkin BT receiver that I use with my EVO and pandora. I think I saw someone was selling another brand of bt receiver in the marketplace here.

You will def need a isolator.

Hmm well the android has a 3.5 out put like an ipod does. It also has bluetooth, but my mazda is a 06 which is too old to have blutooth.

I added a BT receiver to my car. Just plugs into the 3.5.

Looks like this:

4721.101010_5F00_1957_5F00_WhyILoveBel2.png

This one may also work:

9tooth.jpg

Hi!
I used to have an iphone4. I have a 2011 MS3 tech pkg. Anyway the issue i had was the Sirius info would show up on the screen (song name, etc),. but my iphone song info wouldn't show.

I ditched the iphone and got a Samsung Droid Charge (mazda site says it has full capability and functionality with my car). SCREEN IS BLANK AGAIN!

so i have to HOLD the phone to change music, make a call.... once i'm on the call the BT audio works and the hanging up button works but that's it.

I went to Mazda and my sales guy has a 2.5 year old phone that has music and it worked. The GM of the dealership has a 1 year old EVO and it did NOT Work. We came to the conclusion that Mazda's firmware is old even in new cars (just like their maps for navigation). They're going to see what's up with that by Monday and give me a call... either re-install my firmware or give me a dock station for it. Why have the capability if the new phones don't work with it?

Anyone have suggestions other than what i mention here? changing a radio in my car is darn near impossible since it's all integrated with navigation and blah blah blah.

Thanks!

So i am new to the mazda community and just got an 06. i am looking to install both an auxiliary 3.5mm port in my armrest and was wondering if the auxmod was still the best to use. I was also thinking about at the same time wiring in an additional cigarette socket into the armrest compartment as well and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for that?

i found https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) and i think that i should be able to wire that into the the pre-existing socket in the front dash.

i want to be able to keep my gps charged while on long trips and also have a place to plug my iphone in to keep it charged.

Hi guys,
new poster here, i have an android phone (htc sensation 4G) and i want to be able to listen to my songs in my 2005 Mazda 3, at the same time i want to have my docked aftermarket satellite radio to be permanently connected. Does anybody know if there is a dual aux input available for my car? I have seen some companies that offer two or more pieces but was wondering if there is a single unit with easy installation (no cutting, splicing or hard-wiring).

So i am new to the mazda community and just got an 06. i am looking to install both an auxiliary 3.5mm port in my armrest and was wondering if the auxmod was still the best to use. I was also thinking about at the same time wiring in an additional cigarette socket into the armrest compartment as well and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for that?

i found ..... and i think that i should be able to wire that into the the pre-existing socket in the front dash.

i want to be able to keep my gps charged while on long trips and also have a place to plug my iphone in to keep it charged.

If you just need a simple input then the Aux Mod is still a great choice. The biggest deficiency to the Aux Mod is they make them in batches every so often so depending on when you contact them you could get one immediately or possibly have to wait a little while on it. Another option for you would be the simple Grom module which also provides a 3.5mm input. Those are readily available, Grom provides great customer support, and they cost pretty much the same.

coolwhip said:
Hi guys,
new poster here, i have an android phone (htc sensation 4G) and i want to be able to listen to my songs in my 2005 Mazda 3, at the same time i want to have my docked aftermarket satellite radio to be permanently connected. Does anybody know if there is a dual aux input available for my car? I have seen some companies that offer two or more pieces but was wondering if there is a single unit with easy installation (no cutting, splicing or hard-wiring).

So quick question. Are you able to hook your droid up to a USB connection and have your music accessed as a mass storage device? Can you stream music from your device using AVDP (bluetooth streaming)? Here's why I ask. Grom makes a module (not listed in this thread.... yeah yeah I know I need to update) which has connections for USB, 3.5mm input, an ipod input, and is compatible with their bluetooth module for AVDP streaming. Note that it has those connections, but you have to buy the cables for the 3.5 or ipod, or the BT module separately. So with that module you could hook your SAT to the 3.5mm input, and if you can use AVDP or plug into the USB as a MSD then you could use both devices.

If you can't do either of those things with your droid then you could also get an Aux Mod Basic, or the simple Grom input and just put a 3.5mm splitter to plug both in. I'm actually liking the idea of being able to stream your droid (plus use it to make BT calls ;)) and keep the SAT plugged in continuously.

for the power outlet I'd look specifically for a 12v DC power port vs. a lighter socket. It should be really easy to install, and actually a member on M3F has one mounted in his armrest storage compartment. Then you'd just need to tap power for it and you're golden.

the problem with that unit is it pretty large and you'd have to secure it to something which can be an issue. it is not iphone 5+ compatible.

the aux mod is pretty much a joke as it's very cheaply and poorly built.

Well its now tested, and im very pleased with the result, the sound quality is great, im not using the AUX because I have an Ipod nano in my car. And the good thing with that is that it can be controlled from the steering wheel and factory head unit. That it has to be secured to something is not an issue in my opinion, double sided tape solved that :) same thing goes for GROM or gta kit. I recommend this :)

When i push my "tape/md" button nothing happens.. Do you know why this is? Please help, i'm trying to install an aux adapter from the back of the stock had unit and can't seem to get it to work..
Thanks

i confirmed.
You have to use total 5 wire. Left Speaker + Ground, Right Speaker + Ground, And Ground. To make Noisy disappear.
And push AUX to active the Aux function.
Thank you 4rum so so much. ^^
Enjoy all

Same issue here :(

When i push my "tape/md" button nothing happens.. Do you know why this is? Please help, i'm trying to install an aux adapter from the back of the stock had unit and can't seem to get it to work..
Thanks

Hi, I have encountered the same issue after installing my AUX cable to the back of the stereo.
I have read that for some reason the stereos with the "tape/md" option doesn't support aux - is there any solution to this matter?

*Is there perhaps alternative to use the cd player port to stream aux?

Thanks,

Guy.

The now defunct company that made the Aux Mod worked for me, but the connections were very poor and the motherboard design was inferior.

You may seriously consider scrapping the idea. Iirc, after 2006, an aux connection became standard in Mazda3s.

Back