Options for adding an auxiliary input on the Mazda3

Does the 6cd bose system play MP3`s because i tried to play my mp3 cd`s it wouldn`t rather annoying is there a way to remedy that like put a chip in yhe unit

funkyman said:
Does the 6cd bose system play MP3`s because i tried to play my mp3 cd`s it wouldn`t rather annoying is there a way to remedy that like put a chip in yhe unit
No.

sp2 said:
has anyone ever heard of the AVT IPOD Adapter? It seems really cheap, but does everything that the Audiolink can do.

Here is an ebay https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned).

can anybody comment on this. seems like a good option for my 2004 mazda 3.

OK if i buy this gadgetfrom Kenwood can i basically hook up anything to the stock MS3 Bose and NAV.

Kenwood's Carpotal KOS-V500 Expansion Solution lets you can build the ultimate A/V system without replacing your the factory system. Add high-speed iPod control of both audio and video. Enjoy navigation, satellite radio, Bluetooth technology, and HD Radio, and much more. The KOS-V500 even includes two relay control outputs for control of garage doors, gates, trunk releasesthe skys the limit!

Interfaces with Factory Radios to Build the Ultimate A/V System
Control with the KOS-L702 touch-screen
Control with the supplied remote and use existing LCD screen
Selectable AM/FM tuner with RDS+
Can be used as a stand-alone source with KOS-L702
USB Port for iPod or Compatible Player
High Speed iPod Control of Audio and Video
Includes 1 AV input/1 output for Video Sources
Front, Rear and Sub (2V) pre-outs for Amplifiers
Reverse Camera input
System Es Crossovers
RGB input for Navigation
2 Relay Control Outputs: garage door, trunk, lights, etc.
4-Line text display for Satellite, iPod, USB, etc.
Satellite Radio Ready, Bluetooth Ready, HD Radio Ready

Rotus8 said:
So, you post exactly the same thing on 7 threads. This makes you cool?(rei)

Yes i did that so i could get definate replies from various resources,sometimes people miss topics and i wanted to make sure thanx.Also all the threads are different but closely related.

Does anybody know if this will void your warranty? I really want to do this but I don't want to void the otherwise perfectly good 4 year warranty. Thanks!

2008 Mazda 3 and the C236-79-CFZ ipod adaptor

OK i have a few questions. I have looked for hours and this seems to be one of the only really good forums for Mazdas and iPods. I have just purchased a 2008 Mazda 3. I have an iPod with a 30 pin doc connector. Mazda sells this part number to be able to control the ipod through the stereo. (C236-79-CFZ iPod integration Module) I have not seen any 2008 models listed. I will assume it will work since they say they did not change the radio and the 2007 is listed as working. My main question is what kind of radio control will I gain. I do NOT have Sat, Phat or any thing like it. All I am going to add is the iPod connectivity. My guess is it works like most others where the first 5 or 6 playlists appear. but I would like confirmation on any of the following:

Can it control
Volume?
Change Song?
Change Playlist?
Charge?
Charge without Hum (like the 3.5 mm audio port?)
Display mp3 tags on the HU?
Display Playlist Name?
When car is turned off does song pause?

Does any one have a PDF manual of removing radio and installing similar items?

I know this is a lot of questions. Please if you have any of these answers I would love to know.

Volume: YES
Change song : YES
Change list : YES
Charge: YES
Charge without hum: YES
Display Name: NO
When car is turned off does song Pause: If your radio turns off when you turn off your car then Yes.

Denison Icelink (DICE) / icarkits I-MAZDA-R-http://www.icarkits.com/advanced_se...ct_vehicle_model=213&select_vehicle_year=2005 Full ipod integration with steering wheel controls. Connects to ipod with dock connector, to the sirius/CD changer jack on the back of the HU. Charges the ipod. (Note: Song info. is NOT displayed on HU LCD screen). ~$159
According to the DICE website, the i-Mazda-R2 will display song info on the factory HU. Has anyone verified this for the 2005 Mazda3?http://www.diceelectronics.com/Merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DETEST01&Product_Code=i-Mazda-R2&Category_Code=DICE_IPOD_MAZDA

According to the DICE website, the i-Mazda-R2 will display song info on the factory HU. Has anyone verified this for the 2005 Mazda3?http://www.diceelectronics.com/Merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DETEST01&Product_Code=i-Mazda-R2&Category_Code=DICE_IPOD_MAZDA

That's a new model that DICE just came out with in the last month or so. That one displays text info. on the HU because of the way it connects to the HU. No, I don't mean through a different connector, but the way it talks to it. It emulates a satellite receiver and since OEM sirius displays text info. so will this new one.... since the HU thinks it is satellite information.

They've successfully tested it with the 3, 6, MX-5, 5, RX-8, and CX-7. I don't think they've done a test on a 3 newer than '07 but it will definitely work on an '05.

G-man, I'll send the PDF to you, but I'd suggest against leaving your e-mail posted in a public thread. In the future it's usually best to PM that to someone. ;)

umm...I have a 2004 mazda3 with the in-dash 6 cd changer and just received the Audiolink. I plugged it into the back, and when I try to go to it by pressing the mode button on my steering wheel or the cd button like they say I should, the screen just says "No Disc". The iPod even says it's charging... What the hell? :(

Last edited:
Does anyone know if these options work with the iPhone?

I know the new DICE module does, beyond that you may want to message the retailer and check before ordering.

umm...I have a 2004 mazda3 with the in-dash 6 cd changer and just received the Audiolink. I plugged it into the back, and when I try to go to it by pressing the mode button on my steering wheel or the cd button like they say I should, the screen just says "No Disc". The iPod even says it's charging... What the hell?

That's kind of odd, and the first time I've heard of that happening. Send a message to the guys at rpm and see if they have any ideas.

Butlerg,
I've had the exact same problem in my 2005 Mazda3 without the in dash changer. After emailing RPM, they said that past experience with one persons car shows that sometimes disconnecting the cd player will work. I was going to mess with that tomorrow. However, I'll also state that I had a 2 month ordeal with GromAudio (who makes an almost identical product to the Audio Link) over a similar issue (I'd get sound, but after 20 seconds the entire radio would turn off).
Just in case this helps, my car was built in Japan (look at the VIN), and the radio has firmware version 9.82.39

Aftermarket Stereo Pix

Is there a thread with mazda 3 modified stereo pix? Im just ditching this pain in the a$$ stock radio in my 04.

Back