Any CX-7 sightings?

I just saw 2 one black one red.

i work at Mazda (peep)

Blitzd said:
i work at Mazda (peep)

(stupid)

I sighted myself in 4 CX-7s yesterday, 1 gray Touring AWD, 3 black ones(all FWD, 2 GTs and 1 Touring), and then last week I sighted myself in 2 Copper red ones(both FWD, 1 Touring(IIRC) and 1 Sport). The Touring sold, first one at my dealership to be sold.

billvack said:
I live in Hunterdon Cty and own a CX-7 Copper Red. I have family in Bernardsville and was there just about a month ago.

I should have waved ........
if thats the case then you definetly saw me. I was the land surveyor working right on the Rt. 206 right under the 287 overpass and right next to the exit ramp from 287 (thumb) Would be kinda hard to miss me because I and my coworker were the only two idiots wondering/running across 206 highway, lol.

This evening I passed by the Tim Hortons on Leslie&16th again. This time there were 2 CX-7s hanging around in that plaza!

Definitely a CX-7 congregation area! One was the black coloured one, and the other was galaxy-grey. OMG they looked so nice (my preference goes to the grey one though).

This is crazy... I can't stop thinking about getting one but since I'm already on my lease for my Mazda 5, I guess I'll have to wait 4 more years (shocked).

In the meantime... I guess all I can do is keep my eyes on the lookout for more CX-7s and keep on posting in here.

dracore said:
This evening I passed by the Tim Hortons on Leslie&16th again. This time there were 2 CX-7s hanging around in that plaza!

Definitely a CX-7 congregation area! One was the black coloured one, and the other was galaxy-grey. OMG they looked so nice (my preference goes to the grey one though).

This is crazy... I can't stop thinking about getting one but since I'm already on my lease for my Mazda 5, I guess I'll have to wait 4 more years (shocked).

In the meantime... I guess all I can do is keep my eyes on the lookout for more CX-7s and keep on posting in here.
Hope you realize Mazda Canada's head office is at Leslie & 16th (Vogell Rd to be exact).

Interesting for me is that I've only trully seen 1 CX-7 on the road since launch ('trully seen' being that it wasn't at a dealership and wasn't a dealership/manufacturer vehicle - I live within 5km of Mazda Canada's head office).

I totally would have expected more, but I do know they're selling.

i saw a black one on I64 near Newport News, Virginia two days ago...it suprised me i was like hey rx8 no wait, dayum! gotta admit it looks mighty fine for an suv.

wongpres said:
Hope you realize Mazda Canada's head office is at Leslie & 16th (Vogell Rd to be exact).

Interesting for me is that I've only trully seen 1 CX-7 on the road since launch ('trully seen' being that it wasn't at a dealership and wasn't a dealership/manufacturer vehicle - I live within 5km of Mazda Canada's head office).

I totally would have expected more, but I do know they're selling.

Yup I see that head office everytime I drive on 16 but have never actually gone up there myself. It's not exactly a showroom up there right?

I also would have expected more CX-7s on the road too. Perhaps the dealers don't have enough vehicles and are waiting for the next shipment?

Drove one yesterday.......Freakin sweet!!!! 2WD though, so I'm heading back when they get an AWD model. drives like a msp not an suv. just might trade in one of the protege's for a laser blue AWD.(drive2)

Last edited:
I think I saw a CX-7 in the Pixar movie: Cars. If you watch the race closely, I think it was behind the '84 "Apple" car. Almost as sweet as Sally Porsche.

Attachments

• MyCX7.jpg
    MyCX7.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 601
IM THE FIRST TO BUY ONE FROM MY LOCAL DEALERSHIP! CANT WAIT TO DO SOME MODS... WHAT THE HELL RIGHT..(ughdance) ONLY LIVE ONCE :)

Attachments

• 2003_0212Image0013.JPG
    2003_0212Image0013.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 637
  • 2003_0212Image0012.JPG
    2003_0212Image0012.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 634
  • 2003_0212Image0014.JPG
    2003_0212Image0014.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 614
Looking good!

What kind of mods did you have in mind?

Think I'll start a Mods thread.

Dulles Toll Rd in VA

Saw my first one on the way to work this morning. Black Cherry Mica, not sure what trim level. Do they all have the chrome trim around the doors? or only the GTs? I hovered for a little bit alongside, but the driver wasn't looking, so I zipped on past and went on my way.

Black Cherry Mica in my neighborhood. Funny but I haven't seen the Tribute lately...hhhhmmmm

My local dealer finally got one (and only one, I think) and promptly sold it (or the manager drove it home).

Anyways, I haven't seen it or any other one around town yet, and I went 70 miles to get mine.

RedHotP5 said:
Black Cherry Mica in my neighborhood. Funny but I haven't seen the Tribute lately...hhhhmmmm

I still see Tributes on the road. I feel all superior when I do, though. I know it's wrong of me, but I can't help it.

Me too - though my son just got a Tribute about 4 months ago.

080669 said:
I still see Tributes on the road. I feel all superior when I do, though. I know it's wrong of me, but I can't help it.

:( (sad1)(sad2)

until my mom gets the CX-7 in a couple of months. :):D

080669 said:

DOH! What I meant was I haven't seen the Tribute in their driveway...my bro-in-laws fiance has an '04 Tribute and loves it.

G-Papi said:
Looking good!

What kind of mods did you have in mind?

Think I'll start a Mods thread.

I'm thinking of starting with the intake system at first. Maybe looking into after market calipers and stainless exhaust?
Dont want to do anything to void the warrenty, but it would be nice to see if i can gain a few mpg. I heard a cold air intake will help maybe 1 or 2 mpg's and a few ponies.
What about you?
By the way, yours looks great too!

Back