Hey Auto P5'ers ... O/D off not working

NorthernP5

:
2002 Silver P5
Fellow AT P5'ers,

My "O/D Off" button no longer engages when pressed. I've searched but have only found problems related to a blinking "O/D Off" light. I assume its a wiring problem (loose connection). Is their anything else it might be...maybe a fuse?

Is it worth removing the stick to see if its a wire come loose?

Any advise most appreciated.

I don't know the answer to that problem but I don't even fully understand what O/D off does? In the manual it jsut says have O/D on while regular driving and you can turn it off for going up hills? what does it really do like mechanically?

question, does the button not engage the over drive? here is the page from the shop manual on taking it apart...let me know...
http://protege5.ugly.net/#trans

<V:p</V:p<V:p</V:p<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><o:lock aspectratio=
</o:lock><?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 431.25pt; HEIGHT: 324pt" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title="" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

I fixed my O/D off switch just last week. Try pulling the switch out. Your wire might have enough slack to see if the wire is snapped at the solder point (mine was).

In order to fix mine I had to remove the center console. It's pretty easy.

Back