Problem! A/C Control wires lost ?

masda

First off hey this is my first post!

Anyways heres my issue i removed the radio dash cluster on my protege 5 to install my aftermarket cd player and remove the stock.

What happen was there are the wires that connect the a/c to the little knobs the one that controls the climate of the air like cold and hot doesn't go all the way hot i think i broke one black clip that held the wire to the body!

2nd one that controls how much air comes out is FINE!

then theres the 3rd knob that controls out of what port the air comes out like infront of you through your windshield or under your feet ? Does thi sone have a wire cause i've seemed to some how lost it ? I Can't control where the air comes out of i believe there much be a wire i never touched it it must of slipped out some how or broke off ?

Any suggestions ? !

(ughdance)

when i had my subs put in they pulled all that s*** out because they had to install a line inverter, so now my temperature control is stiff, it goes all the way to both sides, its just hard to turn. id just check to make sure that you dont have any wires bunched up inside the dash...i think thats whats wrong with mine, but i dont really care because it works. good luck to ya man, and welcome to the forums

i'll keep searching....

But anyone know if there should be 3 cables back there or only 2 ? one for each knob ?

redpr5 said:
my temperature control is stiff, it goes all the way to both sides, its just hard to turn.

same here.

there are three rods. one to the driver side, one going straight/slightly right (which is the temp) and the other goes to the far right under the glove box

2 cables connect to 2 knobs, the third cable (far right/glove box) opens the vent which on the console is the piece that slides left to right

got it guy's ! I am pretty slow but i got it

It wasn't the loss of the rod it was actually the black clip that holds the plastic surrounding the rod to the body of the vechile it had came off~!

Back