Stock P5 intake manifold P&P Vics and VTCS removed idle problem

Rac3rX said:
I Beleve The 626 manifold shouldnt be used for N/A Proteges, Id leave that for the Turbos, Isnt that the reason PG only list it under the MSP?

we do not list it anywhere but msp because we have no concrete evidence it makes an N/A difference either way. I have a few people who insisted on it, even N/A, and bought one anyhow and they swear it makes a big difference. until i have evidence to the contrary, its staying the msp section.

speaking of which, i have customers lined up to dyno both n/a and f/i applications pre and post install this week.

well with my knowledge I can't put back the VICS because I dont know how too and ken from protegegarage did it for me so I mean I know he knew what he was doing...and its already done....so I can't do anything about it....its fine when I'm driving but it just happens when I'm just sitting at a light....so yeah....I dont know I will talk to ken about it....

PakmanMP5 said:
well with my knowledge I can't put back the VICS because I dont know how too and ken from protegegarage did it for me so I mean I know he knew what he was doing...and its already done....so I can't do anything about it....its fine when I'm driving but it just happens when I'm just sitting at a light....so yeah....I dont know I will talk to ken about it....

Are you planning to turbo?

If so, just keep it, it should be benificial at that point. IF not, trade/sell to somebody who is.

Im sure some MSP's or Turbo Kitted Proteges and P5's will take it off your hands.

But its most probably robbing you of low end power (As previous test have shown)

Rac3rX said:
Are you planning to turbo?

If so, just keep it, it should be benificial at that point. IF not, trade/sell to somebody who is.

Im sure some MSP's or Turbo Kitted Proteges and P5's will take it off your hands.

But its most probably robbing you of low end power (As previous test have shown)

yeah I can tell its robbing me......but I'm going turbo so thats fine....

Removing VICS was a huge mistake. You threw away a significant amount of power above 5000rpm. Congradulations

removing VICS means both chambers are open to make power above 5k at all times....how would that throw away top end power?

jadonP5 said:
removing VICS means both chambers are open to make power above 5k at all times....how would that throw away top end power?

Thats right, hes getting robbed down low, not losing top end.

But hes all good if he plans on going Turbo, and that he is. He just has to deal with a crappy idle and lower hp down low untill he does.

Hes going to be spinning his wheels like crazy when the T-Kit goes in.

aMaff said:
Why'd you take out the VICS? That's the one useful thing we've got lol (well, so long as the screws aren't falling out, which is easily fixable...)

Hi, you say it is easily fixable if the screws come loose, i lost 3 of them and don't asck me where they went because I don't know. I pulled the spark plug out and regaped it. How can I easly fix that?(RTM)

Tg5 said:
Hi, you say it is easily fixable if the screws come loose, i lost 3 of them and don't asck me where they went because I don't know. I pulled the spark plug out and regaped it. How can I easly fix that?(RTM)

www.mazdausa.com

Check VIN for recall.

Tg5 said:
There are one size of computer component screws the are the same thread but just barely longer. They also have a washer-type hex & phillips head on them that you can use if the holes were wallowed out on the butterflies from screws being loose. All 8 of mine were loose before I caught it but none fell out. The butterfly holes & the back of the screw heads were very wallowed so I used the computer screws to get butterflys solidly mounted in place. Used as much red loctite as I could get on them all. I did this & pulled the VTCS butterflies off to get around while I was porting & polishing & permanently removing VTCS & filling the holes from it on another intake manifold that I got. They all stayed in place & were just as tight after taking it back off to put the modified intake back on.

Hey everyone I researched this about the intake and there is a recall on it. It was isued on november of 2005. I called mazda and they told me to take it to the local mazda dealer and they will replace it.

Just a little information

The MP3 doesnt have VICS or VTCS from the factoryand it runs great. must be in the tuning of the ecu

Back