2003 Protege5 recall problem-Resolution!

I posted a week back about having a hard time getting my recall fixed.

I have a ticking noise coming from my engine & back in Dec when I got the recall notice I thought "nice! mazda's fix, not mine". I took my car in & they ran the test-Only when I picked it up they said that my car did not need the recall.

After all this I finally got a dealership to not only admit my recall needed to be done-but now my entire engine is being replaced-due to damage sustained from a plate that came loose-all caused by the loose intake manifold valves.

I love how I took it to a dealership the Friday before & they brushed me off saying I "probably" just had lifter noise & then on Monday (diff dealership) I am being told there is substantial damage in my cylinders!

Whatever the process-Yeah for me!

traceyb560 said:
I posted a week back about having a hard time getting my recall fixed.

After all this I finally got a dealership to not only admit my recall needed to be done-but now my entire engine is being replaced-due to damage sustained from a plate that came loose-all caused by the loose intake manifold valves.

I love how I took it to a dealership the Friday before & they brushed me off saying I "probably" just had lifter noise & then on Monday (diff dealership) I am being told there is substantial damage in my cylinders!

Whatever the process-Yeah for me!
exact same problem, but teh dealership fixed it immediately, as my car wouldnt start :p

haa haa haa...GOOD 4 them! what would have costed very little is now an entire new engine 4 u! haa haa haa! damn i can't stop laughing...unfortunately it's going to be an inconvience for you as you will not have a car for some time...make sure you get a loaner so they fix your car faster because they don't want to be paying the rental fees too long.

Good stuff, Im glad it worked out for you!!!

Any idea a what the recall list is?? What Vin # are included for Sedan & Wagon?

Rac3rX said:
No 2002 Protege LX's???

Thats weird whats the diff?
It's where they were assembled. There was an assembly run from one of the factories in Japan (don't remember which one) in which the butterfly valve assemblies were not properly assembled (aka screwed on...). That is what is causing the problem, and why it seems to be localized to just the P5s

aMaff said:
It's where they were assembled. There was an assembly run from one of the factories in Japan (don't remember which one) in which the butterfly valve assemblies were not properly assembled (aka screwed on...). That is what is causing the problem, and why it seems to be localized to just the P5s

Alright, Thatnks!

I geuss if its a issue for me Iwould of got arecall notice in the mail right?

i had the same problem in my 03 dx. its all the ones from hirosima (sp?) that are effed up. they have the thing on the mazda website that you can put in your vin to see if your car needs it. they didnt want to fix mine then they ended up having to put a new motor in. :) got a loaner but it still took about 35 days.

Back