belt chirp

:
03.5 YLW MSP
I think I have a belt chirp issue. When my transmission shifts I get a chirp noise. It doesn't do it all the time but it is a regualr thing with my p5. Yesterday my water pump / Alt. belt broke on me. Luckly the dealer replaced it at 1/2 cost because i was out of my warrenty period. Which wasn't a bad out of pocket expense (60 bucks). They paid for the tow which was 120 buck! which had to hurt. Anyways when I am looking at the belt it seems fine no cracking or anything of that nature. It looks fine when comparing it to the new belt. Any ideas?

BTW thanks for your help. I have talked to the dealer where I purchased my car and they are lookign at flashign the ECU for me for no charge. Which will hopefully fix the chugging sound that I was speaking of in my last post. Which will be kick @$$ becuase im the secounf owner of the car.

BTW I'm thinking of replacing the other belt just for added asurence. But just want a secound opinion.

no one has had this issue with thier mazda or any other car for that matter? its atx with 135k on it... 2 owners all highway miles with the exception of the last 5k miles.

Thanks tortoise ill have to get the car up on stands and try lubbing that area and see if that helps. Either way its not like its goign to hurt imo.

Back