Mazda Part No. 0000-8T-J01

.paul

_rum & _ass
:
P5
Otherwise known as this thing:
Protege5_Rear_Bumper_GuardB.gif

Those who have it, how does it fasten to the car? Does it use double sided tape or is it screwed through the bumper?

.paul said:
Otherwise known as this thing:
Protege5_Rear_Bumper_GuardB.gif

Those who have it, how does it fasten to the car? Does it use double sided tape or is it screwed through the bumper?

Double sided tape.

lol i wanted it to be cleaner looking in the rear. plus i didnt really need it for anything since i rarely put stuff in the trunk anyway.

i just bought a bumper guard and put it on to cover up my scratches from the previous owner (my dad), just make sure you put enough tape around the edging because thats where mine likes to stick up so im going to have to put some more on there

anyone have one they want to sell cheap or give away? The wife and i want one for when the dog hops in the hatch to keep our paint nice

I've only purchased a couple of things from MazdaStuff (wheel locks and trunk net). I've also requested information from them on several occasions.

Honestly, I'm very happy with them, they are incredibly fast with price quotes (it's always been less than a hour turn around with responses as opposed to hours or days during normal business hours). I didn't even have to wait a week to receive the trunk net and wheel locks when I ordered them. I would recommend them to anyone.

Last edited:
.paul said:
pfft, haters :p
I hear ya. Might not be cool for a "show" or "sponsored" car but it's a good idea for those who use their car for practical purposes. Think it was among my first "mods" if not the first. Way better than a bunch of scratches on the top of the bumper from not having one.

My first mod was that cover. It has scratches from luggage, dogs, tool boxes, etc. If anything, I will replace it, but overall, it is well needed for me.

Heh...my P5 is a garage hog. I use my hatch all the time too, hence why I only have the stock OEM subwoofer. Biggest item I hauled in it was a 32" Sony WEGA TV. I'm also an appearance nut...just check out my posts in the appearance section. But hey, to each there own.

Back