Happy new p5 owner!

vonnie

:
2002 Protege5
Just bought an 02 midnight blue P5 yesterday... was trying to get talked into buying a sentra or G20 by the husband, but saw a P5 and wanted that instead!

New to car forums and p5's in general, so it'll be interesting!:)

Welcome. Love the color. I really do love my P5 too. It's light, fun to drive and toss around, and incredibly practical. I can't tell you how much stuff I've brought home on the roof rack. Just last weekend, two trips to get 20 bags of mulch (10 each time and it could have gone 12). My daughter drives it most of the time these days.

welcome! I'm glad you like 'er. Treat em well and they're fun little cars :) If you have any questions, chances are they've been asked before, so remember the search button :)

hey there, welcome to the forum...good choice! people are helpful over here just ask and you will be helped. again welcome.

(hi)

Welcome, alot of good advice and friendly people here. Enjoy your stay!

Run....run away.....run now! If not be prepared, you are entering a whole new world of addiction. Headers, shifters, mid-pipes, intakes, famalia badges......aaarrghhhh my head is spinning. I have to hurry up and finish this post to see if someone has added something to what have you done to your P5 today. Go ahead make fun of me....90% of you do it to.

Oh yeah and.....welcome!

Welcome to your new addiction! This is the advice I have given for new P5 owners.

Right after I got my P5, I got the intake. You can get a short ram intake (SRI), which is what I have. Others have cold air intakes (CAI) They are about the same on ebay, but you may also opt for name brand. I have the ebay...

The next thing I did was get rid of those god forsaken Dunflop piece of s*** stock tires. I hydroplaned within the first week or so I owned the P5. I ended up with the Yokohama AVS ES 100's. 205-50-16's on the stock rims. After 23000 miles, they were through, so I got aftermarket wheels, and Kumho Ecsta 711 205-40-17’s. There are a bazillion threads about tires. These I highly recommend for rainy climates. (Bottom line, get out of the stock tires before you have a problem!)

I just got (after 2.5 years of owning my car) a Racing Beat exhaust. I got an insanely good deal on it. It is on the higher end of the pricing range, but you can score one used at a good rate if you are on the forum within the .245 seconds someone posts it for sale used. They run in the high $400 range new. There is a Mazda Sport (Mazdaspeed) exhaust which is also popular, but people have complained of droning, or an annoying sound at freeway speeds. The Racing Beat does not do that. But there are a bazillion threads about the exhaust subject too, look them up.

Then there is the tinting of windows, a stereo, springs/shocks/body kit, Underdrive Pulleys, carbon fiber everything, etc you will see around here for sale.

Short shifter is next on my list. Kartboy makes a great one, I have seen it in person. The shifter bushings are a must. Get them no matter what. Huge difference in shifting!

I found by moving to synthetic engine and transmission fluids, I get better mileage, and it shifts smoother too. So easy to do, it is worth it.

One more thing you should consider when you mod is a header. OBX and Ractive are the most common. I just installed the Ractive, and love the HP gains. Be sure to look up the Spark Plug non-fouler trick for the 2nd o2 sensor. It prevents the CEL from coming on.

Well, good luck, and check out the “for sale section”, and work with the Authorized Venders and sellers! Oh, search for threads about a question you might have. Most likely, it has been covered.

Most important, is the greeting by the great Sir Nuke

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke

Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to our Club. There are TWO BIG fridge'S in the corner with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have.

make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

welcome, hope you enjoy your stay. also, please pay no attention to the bitchfests that normally occur here. There should be a "Dont feed the animals" sign around here somewhere

CRZbrussian said:
lol did u say "what a cute car!!" when u bought it? j/

welcome to teh forum!!

LMAO dude.. what a funny guy

welcome to the forums, i'm glad u made the rite choice.. getting the p5 that is.. u wont be dissapointed ;) have fun with it.. oh.. and take good care of it, and it'll take good care of u (keeping u entertained anywhere u go ;) )

I'm a fairly new Mazda Protege 5 owner as well, and I gurantee you, you'll love driving that car. As others have said, it's light, quick, zippy, and just plain fun to drive. I'd definitely agree that the people here are very helpful if you have any questions.

My wife loves driving our MP5 as well. I think she's jealous that it's basically "my" car to drive to work. She drives a Camry. Heh.

Crime Dog said:
I'm a fairly new Mazda Protege 5 owner as well, and I gurantee you, you'll love driving that car. As others have said, it's light, quick, zippy, and just plain fun to drive. I'd definitely agree that the people here are very helpful if you have any questions.

My wife loves driving our MP5 as well. I think she's jealous that it's basically "my" car to drive to work. She drives a Camry. Heh.

hehe.. that's how it was w/ my parents..the p5 i drive now used to be my dad's.. now its mine, but at the time, my mom was a little jealous that he got to take it everyday to work, so u know wut she did, she bought a 2005 mazda 6 to try and show him that her new car now is much more fun to drive, lol.. its not bad, the 6.. but it just doesnt have the awsome zoom zoom that i get in the p5

Heh. "Zoom Zoom" indeed! :) My sister had that song and sent it to me, and I slapped that song on my iPod. Yesterday, I took 3 of my coworkers in my car to a local park (creative brainstorming session for us), and I hit play on the iPod as we drove away. They all started cracking up. :D

Back