screw the screws

Madmot

:
Black MP5, 2002
Does anyone know a place where a "how to" would be available for a mp5 enthusiast to open his intake and check his screw. I've been reading lots of scary thing about the recall of the 2003; you know that screw that goes loose and ends up in the cylinder and beyond while doing inimaginable damage. I don't understand why that couln't happen to a 2002. Anyways, I'm not freaking about this issue but I would love to lock-tite it.

ok guys, I waiting now...

Best regards, M.

Thanks. Really helpful.
But now, witch ones goes loose and end up flying: the VICS screws or the VTCS ones?

Oh, sorry I just read that it was the VICS on an other thread...(doh)

Now I can see that VTCS might be nasty for the freeflow or the air/fuel mixture but is it a good thing to remove it? I've read that it helps get a higher temperature faster while doing turbulence. This device will end up helping the catalyst work better and sooner in order to reduce the emissions. Some emission reducers are nasty for the performance. Could VTCS be one of them? I'm really thinking about removing the VTCS but i'm concern about creating rich or poor spot into the combution chamber (since the turbulence will no longer be there).

I found a picture of this famous VTCS system and geez, that a hell of a barrier even when it is open...
Picture is provide by Flat Black, King of porting.

PDRM0474.JPG

Last edited:
I removed my VTCS butterflies and port & polish to remove that big lip where it meets the head. Do not remove VICS, but that is where you need to loctite the screws if necessary. My VICS screws were tight already with loctite or whatever the factory uses. I tried to see how hard it was to break them loose and it felt good to me so I left them alone.

Back