Seat Slider Questions

MP5_509

Contributor
:
2007 CX9 Touring, 2010 Toyota Corolla S
So this past week i was helping my gf move and i went to move the passenger seat up to fit an appliance handtruck into my car and when i slid it i heard a strange pop. Didnt think anything of it until today when i was washing and cleaning the inside i went to move it back, well the seat didnt move an inch. I look underneath and theres a loose piece of metal wire that connects the lever side to the other side unlocking mechanism. To me it looked home made like it was a quick fix, same goes for the drivers seats. Now my question is could someone look under their seat and tell me if it really is just a piece of wire strung across or did someone do some backwoods modifing. Or a pic of someones seat would be sweet to.

/end long winded request.

I'm pretty sure the seat slider bar pulls on a wire that releases the locking mechanism from the opposite side of the seat. Is this the wire you're talking about (look for the red arrow).

seatwire0nw.jpg

Excellent. thanks guys. Guess i just need a new wire or ghetto rig the broken one.

It may have just come unhooked, I think one of mine has before (or was it in my Mazda truck, I dunno). You could definitely rig something up if it is broken though, just make it the same length as the non-broken one. I don't want to know how much a Mazda dealership would rape someone on that part (they'd probably tell you to buy the whole seat).

Its definatly broken. the loop is still attached to the left side slider. Im gonna dick around with it tomorrow. I might check the dealer just to humor myself its only a couple blocks away.

Back