Do not order from Barre Tire/LA Wheels Direct! Poor Service

tunersteve

Contributor
:
2011 Mustang GT
I wasn't sure whether or not to post this here, or in the vendor thread, so if it is out of place, mods feel free to move it.

I ordered a wheel and tire package on Apr 18 from www.barretire.com . It can also be accessed at www.lawheelsdirect.com. This company advertised free shipping on wheel and tire packages, and the site seemed pretty legit, being tied to Tire Rack for most of their items available. So, I ordered a set of 17" Motegi FF7s, in the Gloss Black finish, and, if you mention "upgrade" in the comments of the checkout box, you can choose between Nitto Neo Gens or Cooper Zeon 2XS tires for an additional 100.00 over the stock Kumhos. So my order totalled 999.00.

I didn't receive any form of communication from this company until April 22, after I had emailed them the day before wondering if all the products were in stock, and if they had shipped. I found out the Neo Gens weren't available, so I told them to switch to the Zeons instead. I was told the order would process Monday 4/24, and that they should ship out. 5 days pass, still no tracking number, order status, or email letting me know of any changes in status. However, 999.00 has been charged to my credit card, which I am now paying on. It has been 12 days since the order, and I still have no idea when or how I am getting my wheels. I was also told that my wheels and tires would ship seperately, not coming mounted and balanced like I previously assumed.

In summary, the prices and deals may appear good on their website, but their lack of communication and poor customer service have pushed me to cancel my order. I think it is absolutely ridiculous for a business to not inform a customer of things such as stock in a timely fashion if they expect someone to recommend them. Please, stay away from them, and go through reputable vendors. I will update this thread as information becomes available.

Dude! Just look at how poor that site is built. That should have tipped you off right away! Sucks though.

UPDATE:

After constant arguing between Dylan and myself, I got the order cancelled and my funds returned to my credit card. I have been trying since Friday, but today I checked and found the amount to be fully removed from my credit card. Situation resolved.

Good to hear you got it resolved. Amazing how some retail business just don't seem to give a damn about making money...poor communication and customer service just led them to losing a grand!

GL with your search for the wheels.

RedHotP5 said:
Good to hear you got it resolved. Amazing how some retail business just don't seem to give a damn about making money...poor communication and customer service just led them to losing a grand!

GL with your search for the wheels.

Thanks. I've never dealt with an online business as awful as this. I'm glad that things are over with, and I hope at least one person learns from my experience. Luckily, I can get the same wheels and tires @ Belle Tire for 150 bucks less than I paid, and have them in 3 days. In the end it worked out even better for me.

Nice! Let's not forget those pics with the new shoes! lol

Back