Side Marker

100_0177WTB.jpg

Is there any aftermarker (cheaper) side marker for the front bumper than the OEM ones. Orange or clear?? (see picture!)

if i just fill up the hole... what should i use to fill it up??, will it last???... even if i use it in winter -30 degrees celsius???will it crack?....

thanks

alex

Last edited:
Not for the P5 specifically (that I know of). I know some members have retrofitted Celica or RX-8 markers on their bumpers. Do a search, IIRC there are some how-to's on how to fit them.

Others have used nite shades or even a flat black paint to tint them (wanting to do myself).

If you should find there are black (smoked) out there aftermarket please let me know!!

Mine are painted with night shades translucent black paint.

Otherwise do a search for posts started by azeli73. Eli did a how to with Celica lights.

Attachments

• DSCN7288 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN7288 (Medium).JPG
    67 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN7289 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN7289 (Medium).JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 136
96-00 celica, ebay 10.00 shipped + bulbs of choice + how-to mentoined above = circled area in picture in 1st post.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
96-00 celica, ebay 10.00 shipped + bulbs of choice + how-to mentoined above = circled area in picture in 1st post.

any link to this on ebay,

and alink for the how to

thanks

alexplicit said:
any link to this on ebay,

and alink for the how to

thanks
HOW-TO = http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20239&highlight=side+marker+how-to

EBAY LINK = https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) These are a little pricey compared to the ones I scored. These are the same ones I used but there are some for other year model rx-7s & some others too. The celica ones I know have the same bulb fixture as the P5 so it will twist right into the celica housing & probably the rx-7 housing- not sure about the fixture on other lenses.

What color bulbs would folks use if they had clear markers? Amber, clear, blue, chrome amber or chrome blue?

Last edited by a moderator:
imjustagirl said:
no worries, im a sarcasm kinda girl. I'm not a big fan of clear anything, which is why all my lights are either gone or smoked (headlamps are getting ready to get sent out to be blacked) BUT, if I had to put a bulb in a clear lamp it'd be amber! IMO, anything else looks weird.. but thats just MY opinion! Do what you like ;)
what she said. Amber + clear lens.

I will take aMaff and imjustagirl's advice one step further. Chrome amber bulb or clear led (amber when on) in a clear lens. I personally hate the look of a orange bulb in a clear lens.

I'll keep mine in check with safety and law abiding thank you. Bad enough I don't have a front plate on my car....doh!

altspace said:
I'll keep mine in check with safety and law abiding thank you. Bad enough I don't have a front plate on my car....doh!

did u ever get pulled over for not having the front plate?

Back