Speed 6 GT Advanced keyless entry system

I have a red key flashing since I left the dealership.... I took it back asked them about it... we read the manual... and from our understanding.... Flashing red means it detected the key... now if it turns green.. or stays green.. or flashes green.... that means the battery is going dead.. or may ablready be dead....

Now.... i'm too lazy to go out in the rain and get my book... but if someone wants to get the book.. and quote the keyless card system from it... I'm sure everything would be resolved quickly =)

PerfectXtreme said:
I have a red key flashing since I left the dealership.... I took it back asked them about it... we read the manual... and from our understanding.... Flashing red means it detected the key... now if it turns green.. or stays green.. or flashes green.... that means the battery is going dead.. or may ablready be dead....

Now.... i'm too lazy to go out in the rain and get my book... but if someone wants to get the book.. and quote the keyless card system from it... I'm sure everything would be resolved quickly =)

What I said is correct, and what you said is incorrect. The only thing you got sorta of close on is when the key flashes green he card key battery is low. Go out in the rain and check your book.

Last edited:
"If any malfunction occurs in the advanced keyless function, the KEY warning light (red) in the instrument cluster illuminates continuously and beep sounds will be heard.

If the KEY warning light (red) remains illuminated, do not continue to drive the vehicle...yada, yada, yada.

When the start knob is returned to the ACC or LOCK position from the ON position, the KEY indicator light (green) flashes for approximately 30 seconds indicating that the remaining battery power is low. Replace iwth a new battery before the advanced key becomes unusable.

Under the following conditions, the KEY warning light (red) flashes to inform the driver that the start know bill not rotate to teh ACC position even if it is pushed in from the LOCK position:
1. The advanced key battery is dead.
2. The advanced key is not within operation al range.
3. The advanced key is placed in areas where it is difficult for the system to detect the signal.
4. A key from another manufacturer similar to the advanced key is in the operational range.

The folowing conditions indicate that the battery power is low:
1. The KEY indicator light (green) flashes in the instrument cluster when the engine is turned off.
2. The system does not operate and the operation indictor light does not flash when the buttons are pressed.
3. The system's operational range is reduced."

Pg 3-5, 3-16, 3-17

R

Well took it in and the dealership couldn't anything, of course everything is working again right before I took it in, Just like when you have tooth ache and then the day you go to the dentist everything is fine.
But they did say that as soon as it starts doing it again to take it straight to them.
So that is all for now

Last edited:
Every time my remote is next to my cell phone, car will not start. Both can't be next to each other. Anyone have this problem?

One thing that does go bad are the card key antennas that are around the car.

If you have a red key flashing that means it can't read the card key. This could be the result of the antenna not working properly or the card key not working properly.

The keyless system has an onboard diagnostic system. The DTC code could be pulled in seconds and tell the tech exactly the problem, down to the exact antenna location should that be the problem.

Short answer: Take it to the dealer to get a code pulled.

Great, can the DTC code for the Keyless entry antennas be received though the ODB II port? Or is there a different interface?

I've got the situation where buttons on the Key card work but the buttons on the car and the ignition don't work using the key card. I'm going to bring mine to the dealership and I mentioned the antenna issue a while ago and they dismissed it even though I said I had a problem with an antenna getting wet in the past.

Last edited:
Back