ECU reprogram?

02PROTEGE2.0

:
1999 Audi A4 1.8t quattro manual
does anyone know anyhting about re programming the ecu? like ebtter AF ratio's etc. and can i do this at liek advanced auto parts or a dealer or where should i go, or am i going to have to actually buy the thing to do it? if u havent seen my posts... im trying to get as m uch as i can for as little as i can... i am the ghetto man who made a cai out of pvc and an ebay sri... haha.

highly doubt you can "re-program" it like you're thinking of. you'll need a piggyback like the mpi tuner. be prepared to spend a whole lot more than you did on your intake ;) like $600+ but you'll prbably get really good gains, even n/a

you made an intake out of PVC? i don't know how hot the engine bay gets, but PVC releases toxic fumes when heated. so don't stand over your engine bay w/ the car running.

02PROTEGE2.0 said:
im trying to get as m uch as i can for as little as i can... i am the ghetto man who made a cai out of pvc and an ebay sri... haha.

wow.

4 responses in 10 minutes to give the guys s*** about his freebie intake, but nobody knows anything about my stalling issue...come on guys.

besides, i read the thread on his intake and its not as ghetto as some of the other crap ive seen around here...

ha u see u guys dont know anyhting abouit it tho... its an ebay sri... tilted slightly and an 8" long piece of pvc that is no where near the engine reallly. it starts at the radiator fans basically and drops down to the splash guard at a 45 degree angle near the wheel well... its acually very effective for throttle response as wellm as a better sound.
ive got a thread with pics donw the line a little... check it out!

sam1 said:
highly doubt you can "re-program" it like you're thinking of. you'll need a piggyback like the mpi tuner. be prepared to spend a whole lot more than you did on your intake ;) like $600+ but you'll prbably get really good gains, even n/a

There isnt a power programmer for our cars? I have no idea, yes or no.

Pete

Back