Falken Springs

Anxious, how long have you had them, your supposed to post them once you get them, its the rule I made. Now follow the damn Rules:)

bobbypressley said:
ups just delivered mine. they look kind of skimmpy and skinny. I don't know maybe Its me. also i have yet to see a falken stamp on them, or the box. only thing they say is "Street Sport Factory Tuned Gravity sports". kind of makes me wonder how there going to ride.!!
guess I'll just have to go home and try them out.!! I'l snap some before and after shots

My box says the same thing. People seem to like 'em, that's why I got them. Now to find some time to put them on....

jR. said:
Anxious, how long have you had them, your supposed to post them once you get them, its the rule I made. Now follow the damn Rules:)
Had them for about 2 weeks now, I'll post pics in the morning when it's light out again. I'll even put a side by side comparison to the Skunk2 coilovers I used to have on before.

Alright Jr. here it is, the moment of truth.
DSC00557.JPG

DSC00558.JPG

And here's a comparison to the Skunk2 coilovers (2" drop)

DSC00244.JPG

well i tried, to put mine on last night and i ended up striping out the sway bar nut. now I have to figure out how to get the little basterd off. what a pain!!!

bobbypressley said:
well i tried, to put mine on last night and i ended up striping out the sway bar nut. now I have to figure out how to get the little basterd off. what a pain!!!
Yea those things SUCK! I had to get new endlinks altogether after taking off my Skunk2s. You can only take the stock links off and put them back on about twice and after that it's pretty much impossible to get them off again. I ended up cutting my stock ones to get them off and just got some AWR adjustables. Stock links were $100 for a whole set and AWR were $140 but they're a million times easier to work with.

i'm looking into getting the awr setup. or should i say "loooked" into getting it, at this point its just saving for it. pics look great man!

KrayzieFox said:
Had them for about 2 weeks now, I'll post pics in the morning when it's light out again. I'll even put a side by side comparison to the Skunk2 coilovers I used to have on before.

why didnt you like the skunk2 coilovers? i thought about getting these, is it better to just get lowering springs??

n0rthwall said:
why didnt you like the skunk2 coilovers? i thought about getting these, is it better to just get lowering springs??
My front struts were blown within the first year I had them on and the ride was bouncy that I would sometimes hit my head on the ceiling when going over a dip in the highway. If you don't do autocross or anything of that sort I would recommend lowering springs personally, as you will have that lowered look without sacrificing ride comfort AS much.
jR. said:
What wheels are those and whats the offset?
American Eagle Alloys 17x7
MSR Series
Style 105
Offset: +40mm

Don't work with the lowering springs too well due to offset so I took them off yesterday cuz I don't have time to try to make them work. Sick of rubbing too ...

Thanks for the compliments too! (friday)

yeah the wheels Ima get are going to be the right offset so I wont have to worry about rubbing.
But They ride great the springs...awesome

danielschweer said:
i have had them for about a month or so. i have 205/40/17's 42 mm offset with stock struts.

they definately dropped my rear more than 1.5" it was actually closer to 2". the front dropped about 1.5" though.

i rubbed in the rear like no other, especially on the passenger side, mostly b/c of my offset i'm pretty sure. i dont have the $$ for new wheels w/ the right specs, so a quick rolling of the fenders took care of my problem, no rubbing at all now, even w/ a couple passengers and my sub box.

This may work as a short term fix, but doing it the right way will be cheaper in the long run. The guy I just bought mine P5 from did this to escape the rubbing issue. I didn't notice the rolled fenders during my pre-buy inspection of the car. Once I got it home and set to giving it a thorough detail, THE best way to get acquainted with your car and keep an eye out for problems, I noticed the fenders. The other thing I noticed was how rolling the fenders cracked the clearcoat on the paint leaving a place for water to get in. I can see that in certain areas the water is already doing it's work in separating the clearcoat from the paint. NOT good. I don't plan to have this car long enough for this to be an issue, but for those of you that do I would advise against this procedure unless you have the money to have the wheel areas resprayed.

EDIT: I think the guy did this when he had the drop with stock wheels, because I can't see any way the IKON/Yokohama combo on there now would have rubbed on the fender. I am running 205-40-17s on IKON GT5 wheels. Great combo on the P5 by the way.

Last edited:
Back