Need option

noclue119

Official Yinglish Speaker
:
1990 Mazda Miata
Need opinion

I found a red 1993 miata for $3200.

Everything is stock. Need new brakes. One of the speakers in the headrest does not work. power everything. The paint is ok I see no rusting. Five speed manual. oh ya there is 89k on the car

What do you guys think?

What is the stock Oil psi at WOT?

Last edited:
noclue119 said:
I found a red 1993 miata for $3200.

Everything is stock. Need new brakes. One of the speakers in the headrest does not work. power everything. The paint is ok I see no rusting. Five speed manual. oh ya there is 89k on the car

What do you guys think?

What is the stock Oil psi at WOT?

Does the paint on the bumpers look OK. Some early red Miatas had problems there. Get a mechanic to check it out (unless you are one) then buy it. Replacement speakers are readily available and new brakes are an easy thing to get done. Mods can begin right away! Mileage sounds reasonable for a car that old. I wish I had found it.

Speakers here:

http://www.miatamania.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=36826&SortOrder=1

I agree... sounds reasonable to me. If the top is rough, push to get $600 off to cover having a new one installed.

Good luck!

seems reasonable. ask him to take it to a dealer for inspection and offer to pay for the inspection, should run you $60 or so but thats cheap for peace of mind and shows you are serious.

That sounds like a decent price, Ying. Just go with what the others have said and you should be in good shape. Since the car is a '92, you don't have to worry about the infamous short nose crank problem. The headrest speaker is very easy to replace as the top of the seat simply unzips. The only suggestion that I have is to inspect the rocker panels for rust from under the car.

When you finally get a Miata, you need to bring yourself back down to ATL with us and we'll all go racin'. :D

I guess this is why you sent me a PM? I'd say for the price, go for it. As far as oil pressure, WOT is not a considering factor. You want about 20-30 at idle. Then at a steady/constant RPM, the oil pressure should stay steady/constant. Usually at about 50psi at 6000rpm is a good range. oil pressure itself is dependand on the oil so there is no stead-fast rule as to what it should be when.

Back