knocking noise when brake from reverse

kk52736

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege 5
whenever when i backing up and brake, there is one or two knocking noise from the back of the car, is it the brake or what?
i already replaced the rear sway bar bushing........

please help.

as you press the brake, half way down, all the way? At what point do you hear it? Have you checked your lug nuts? Is it one side or both(you may need to have someone back there to tell)?

Diehonda said:
as you press the brake, half way down, all the way? At what point do you hear it? Have you checked your lug nuts? Is it one side or both(you may need to have someone back there to tell)?

sound like when i braking, there is something got lose and shake to make that knocking sound.

thanks "the tortoise", i think that's same as my problem here too, and 90% would be the rotor get too rusty.

do you have a manual or auto? when i back up, and let the clutch in, i hear a whining sound from the tranny that is around 90-120 cpm. it only happens in reverse and when i am slowing down in first.

The seatbelt thing hanging in the trunk of my car makes a knocking noise from swinging around and hitting things when I back up. lol, just a thought.

Back