intake help

Josh_160

:
Audi A4 1.8TQ
Hey sorry about posting about this but i cant find anything about it and yes i looked but im in a hurry and need help what is a good place to get an intake for my 2002 mazda protege 5 manual 2.0 l thanks so much and whats the best one i should get??????

Go on Ebay & buy one for $25 shipped & buy a K&N filter....no need to waste money on a name brand...this has been covers 100's of times...

autopart store....just needs to be any cone filter w/ the same diameter as the intake pipe....but yeah...ebay intakes are the same thing...its just a metal tube....plenty of people on here can back them

tengoestetempo said:
yes that will do, that is what evilmonkey is talking about.

i have an ebay cold air intake with a k&n filter and love it...great way to save money and works amazingly

A short ram will put the filter inside the engine compartment & the Cold Air will put the filter closer to the front bumpre & the ground. It will pull in a little bit colder air & increase horsepower some. Only thing you need to worry about is running through deep puddles & the threat of sucking up some water. Plus its a btch to clean the filter.

I had a cold air on my mazdaspeed protege put took the cold pipe extension off & left in SRI cuz I hated the tedious task of cleaning the filter...plus keeping the air cool is the intercoolers job. I'll be picking up a SRI from ebay for my P5 shortly

alright thanks a lot youve been a lot of help and i am now going to buy the short ram intake
thank you

ebay seller said:
02-05 Mazda Protege MP3 MP5 5 Short Air Intake 03 04 NR
Ah yes, the elusive 04 and 05 P5's and MP3's (ughdance)

And I don't want no stinkin short air! My air needs to be long (boom07)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay seller
02-05 Mazda Protege MP3 MP5 5 Short Air Intake 03 04 NR

what the hell is an MP5 5
it would have to have so many ******* doors.

well either way its comin and i donno how to install it so i think im gonna go to some garage and get them to put it in with megan racing catback i dont think i could do it i dont think i can even put my taillights in but im gonna try first

dude they'll charge you like $30+ for 5 min of work. If you want hella detailed instructions you can find them on the sight but it works out like this.
1 disconect the wire going to the maf(plug after big ass box thing)
2 disconect clamps from throtle body
3 remove any screws that are conected to the airbox
4 after the stock intake is removed take the maf and attach it to the new cone filter you have. conect the piping with couplings and finaly atach the filter and maf at the end.
oh and unplug your negative terminal befroe you start.
and i dont know how to do headlight for an mp5 so someonelse will have to tell you that.

Latest posts

Back