how many hp is your p5 giving?

pfive said:
why did mazda make such a sharp looking slow car? this boggles me.

Because they had the FS series engine laying around from the 626/mx-6 and thought they'd toss it in here and that people would be happy with 95whp?

It boggles me that they didn't put the 1.8 from the Miata in our cars. :( no love for us.

The cars do look amazing though, that's what sold me on it completely. I knew it had 130hp stock, but I figured with mods it would be decently fast. It can be, but those mods have to be a turbo kit :)

With that said, I think I'm the only one on here crazy enough to be pretty damn satisfied with my 100-120whp (I haven't dynoed yet).

well, even the turd gen had a variation on the bp - the fp in the 99-00 es's is basically a bp, then they were all like hmm lets throw a motor that esplodes in, and everyone nodded and thus the fs-de was put in our cars

silver03p5 said:
well, even the turd gen had a variation on the bp - the fp in the 99-00 es's is basically a bp, then they were all like hmm lets throw a motor that esplodes in, and everyone nodded and thus the fs-de was put in our cars

I didn't know the FP was a variatoin of the BP.. too bad that's probably the rarest third gen engine.

I have
MP3 ecu
wagner shorty header
gutted precat
racing beat axelback
9lb flywheel
and CAI

I ran a 16.3 in the 1/4 at the end of the summer but I couldn't launch because later I found out that the front and pass side motor mounts were torn. I'm going back soon to redo it.

honestly - i am fine with my P5. i wish it had a little more power, but that keeps me from having sirens behind me ( i have way to many tickets under my belt). The car is gorgious and well thought out. thats what sold me...plus the efficiency factor.

pfive said:
honestly - i am fine with my P5. i wish it had a little more power, but that keeps me from having sirens behind me ( i have way to many tickets under my belt). The car is gorgious and well thought out. thats what sold me...plus the efficiency factor.

Same here!!And what we lack in hp..we can make up for in handling.Last Saturday,I was doing a canyon run w/ a buddy of mine in a gutted and fully modded Civic EG.I was pretty much was behind him w/ him going 60 mph and he goes fast!Mind you I have yet to mod my suspension!!I was shocked on how good the P5's handling is stock.Plus I had three other ppl in the car(one of which is heavy dude).He only had one since the rear seats have been taken out.

Last edited:
my p5 has had alot more kick since i took out the 80 lb sub box and put in my K&N filter. that $30 filter has worked well!

I would be running stock as I have no performance mods. I knew going in the car wasn't fast but love the styling and was very surprised with the handling. I have a few twisties on my commute and I love when people go flying by me only to be passed thru the turns:)

120 sumptin whp (ughdance) some mods on it yeah...

mine is like 5hp....oh wait i need to add a whoping 100 extra...damn poor math skills....so yes when the math is done my car makes very little power. I'm deprived.

Just about at 210whp. Lots of money spent. Someday will be in the 12's High 11's. You will all see I tell ya.

112 whp / 122 wtq

AEM intake, OBX header, MSP axle-back, slightly heavier wheels

Back