how many hp is your p5 giving?

I was wondering how much hp are you guys getting?? After adding some mods to your car? Please be specific in what you are adding and how much hp does it add?? Just estimate..I bet some of us are curious especially me. Thanks

With an intake, header, gutted midpipe, I'd guess I'm putting around 105 hp to the ground.

Ran a 16.8 like that. P5 are NOT fast.

With an intake, header, gutted midpipe, I'd guess I'm putting around 105 hp to the ground.

Ran a 16.8 like that. P5 are NOT fast.

uh with intake and header prolly like 100 whp once i do hiflow midpipe and rb catback prolly like 108-110 whp

MikeAwesome42 said:
if you slap on a Type-R sticker you can add on at least 25 horses

Hahaha!Man, imagine if you put two Type-R stickers on both sides.You take on an Evo!!(lol2)

Anyway,intake+ exhaust..prolly 110 whp.I dunno.I wish I could dyno my car.

Phoenix5 said:
Hahaha!Man, imagine if you put two Type-R stickers on both sides.You take on an Evo!!(lol2)

Anyway,intake+ exhaust..prolly 110 whp.I dunno.I wish I could dyno my car.
if my math is correct @25hp per sticker, 2 stickers would = 50hp, so thats a round about number of like 150hp for the car, i doubt it would beat an Evo.

THEGOLDPRO said:
if my math is correct @25hp per sticker, 2 stickers would = 50hp, so thats a round about number of like 150hp for the car, i doubt it would beat an Evo.

Okay,how about adding the rear sticker,Altezzas and underglow.I bet you can take on the Evo then...or at least a WRX:)

MP3 ECU, INJEN CAI, Ceramic coated 4-1 header, MAM highflow catted midpipe & a MAGNAFLOW cat back exhaust, I am dyno'd at 117 WHP.

Last edited:
I have almost exactly the same mods as the Redneck above so I guess I'm close to that.

But when I hit a bump and hear the *KLUNK* from the AWR rear sway that's like a 50-shot of NOS dude!

There are a couple P5s around that will be shooting for the 400 wheel mark, like myself.

But.....

For now, I am at a lowly 107 wheel HP (only istalled mods with any neglegible affect on HP are lightweight flywheel and slightly lighter rims).

honesty...i was doing some very spirited driving on thursday night and if the shifts are perfect and at the right rpm's - my P5 has get-up-and-go... its not fast, but its not slow. i don't know what catagory to put it in.

any car that can't break 16s in the quarter modded hits dead center on what I'd consider unacceptably slow.

Fun to drive? Yes.

Fast? NO.

rednecks_r_us said:
MP3 ECU, INJEN CAI, Ceramic coated 4-1 header, MAM highflow catted midpipe & a MAGNAFLOW cat back exhaust, I am dyno'd at 117 WHP.

Nice. I have basically the same setup, but with the Racing beat catback and a generic CAI with Injen filter, and then an underdrive pulley and FS-ZE intake cam with that. I was hoping for 115whp when I dyno in the spring, but with you getting 117 I don't see why 120 would be too far fetched.

I can't wait to dyno! :)

cheapmiata1600 said:
any car that can't break 16s in the quarter modded hits dead center on what I'd consider unacceptably slow.

Fun to drive? Yes.

Fast? NO.

why did mazda make such a sharp looking slow car? this boggles me.

Back