Differences between protege2.0 and mazda3 2.0 engine?

lucki13 said:
Wow i thought it was nice to find a p5 forum but all you guys tend to do is bicker and b**** at each other. So much for the hopes of a good mazda forum. i guess i'll go back to my MIVE and EF-honda sites to talk with more decent people. Oh yeah and they could give a rats a@@ if the spelling is incorrect!

If someone posting an off-topic comment, someone responding to it but saying "let's get back on topic", and then that original person getting pissed completely turns you off to these forums... then wow (ughdance)

There's a ton of info on these forums. Yeah people complain about people using internet speak and having terrible spelling, but sorry if this forum is more formal than the Honda forum you are used to.

Proper spelling and use of English makes posts easy to read and makes the backlog of threads easier to search, which makes all of our lives easier.

Thanks for all the info guys. I guess an engine swap for my p5 is not in the foreseeable future. I like the way it looks better than the mazda3 though.

Is there any way to put that variable valve timing stuff into a p5? like, frankensteining the 2 engines together? sorry if my questions seem retardedly fantastic. I just got back from the car show a few days ago and since then, i wanted my 2.0 to perform like the new 2.0

I don't think you can think of it as the "new 2.0". I don't think that it is in any way related to our good old FS-DE. Variable valve timing would be nice but that's a pretty significant upgrade. If you want some decent power gains out of the engine in your protege5, save up the money for a turbo kit. You won't be able to get the power with any other modifications to the 2.0 (and keeping it driveable as a daily driver).

Back