BRAKES Mazdaspeed on P5

MP5cd

Contributor
:
2002 Protege 5
Is it just a simple matter of buying the Mazdaspeed protege front brakes(calipers, rotors) and puting on my Protege 5.Do the bolting points on spindal match up.Please help (hmm)

TheBryGuy said:
Oh....I might do this then....how much did you get the calipers for and where from?

I'm not 100% sure because I haven't looked into it myself, but I think the V6 626 calipers might work since MSP owners can use the V6 626 rotors and pads.

If you are looking at buying the calipers new though I don't know if the cost would be worth it, I would probably just go with the ProtegeGarage.com big brake kit.

626 Calipers and rotors are the same, everything bolts up perfectly. I have the MSP calipers and rotors with pads made for a 626, calipers were about 60 a piece. rotors were free.

When I need new front rotors/pads (not soon, did pads last July and rotors in November) I'll definitely look into this and probably do it unless the prices for different "big brake" (relatively big at least) kits come down.

don't want Big brake aftermarket upgrade.will just buy Mazdaspeed protege 2003.5rotors and calipers.( braided lines,rotors drilled ,why not).Hopefully works.

KanseiZM said:
When I need new front rotors/pads (not soon, did pads last July and rotors in November) I'll definitely look into this and probably do it unless the prices for different "big brake" (relatively big at least) kits come down.
i just though of this, i just changed mine stock as well

does this means that the v6 626 front rotor set up is the same as the ones in the msp???

if so...mazda went cheap again....those fuckers!

Alejo_NIN said:
does this means that the v6 626 front rotor set up is the same as the ones in the msp???

if so...mazda went cheap again....those fuckers!

Mazda turbodiesel SMIC... check
Mazda 626 front brakes... check
Mazda EDM rear brakes... check
Mazda FS-DE motor precisely to the specs of all the other Proteges... check

Telling Callaway to cast their name into the manifold on a sub-par kit and laughing all the way to the bank while you sell off the remaining stock of Proteges before the Mazda3 comes out... PRICELESS

Back