external wastegate

Clark

Any of you guys used an external wastegate on your Mazdaspeed. Just curious to see wats goin on with that.

I'll let you know as soon as it goes in, I just got the spool stage 1 and it looks pretty good except I have to fab a few pieces. It should be on in the next couple of weeks.

orng1 said:
I'll let you know as soon as it goes in, I just got the spool stage 1 and it looks pretty good except I have to fab a few pieces. It should be on in the next couple of weeks.
oh yea ???..hell yea man, i figured u'd prolly have to drill in the manifold or once u put a new one in tap it in straight into that..

Naw it caome with a manifold, external wastegate, the t3t4 turbo, and the D/P. I need a digi cam, I keep breaking them.

orng1 said:
Naw it caome with a manifold, external wastegate, the t3t4 turbo, and the D/P. I need a digi cam, I keep breaking them.
no s*** ???..so wat kind of external wastegate u puttin on it now..

it came with a turbonetics deltagateII. it looks sweet as soon as I get it together there will be pix up.

i have to ask this, but why do you want an external wastegate on your car?

Me? well I really didn't have a choice, I just wanted a turbo that wouldn't run out of breath so soon. It can barely hold boost at higher rpm levels. From what I have read the external wastegate is better for holding boost and does not fluctuate as much, though I have never had a car with an external wastegate.

actually I was talking to the op :) but in the same thing the internal wastegate turbos will hold way more boost than you will ever need

Back