Effect of spark plugs too cold?

clicknext

:
2006 Tungsten Grey Mazda6 GT I4
I'm just asking this out of curiosity, when I bought my spark plugs the store didn't have the BKR5E's in stock so I got the 6E's instead, which are also listed on the manual but are supposed to be colder plugs. Does it make a difference? What's the effect?

poor combustion,poor fuel eficiency,poor performance,pinking can occur,ecu is going to advance the timing,wich can make the car s performance bad on different ranges,you might not see the diffenrence,but its there,for long term,its not reccomended,why?

poor combustion makes the fuel to not burn right,so less fire=more carbon in combustion chamber and on the valves,o2 sensor gets dirty faster,catalytic converter gets dirty,egr valve getting stuck....

your car already have egr troubles like every other proteges,they all have....

dont run after troubles,you can try them in,but as an advice,put the oem recommended number....

a thing you can do,with the same number,you can change to platinum,or even iridium,wich will last longer,and be safe for your engine...

Ok so the fact that at 63k miles I haven't needed to clean my EGR valve means the 5 heat range isn't at all too cold for my setup then :)

patmaz said:
poor combustion,poor fuel eficiency,poor performance,pinking can occur,ecu is going to advance the timing,wich can make the car s performance bad on different ranges,you might not see the diffenrence,but its there,for long term,its not reccomended,why?

poor combustion makes the fuel to not burn right,so less fire=more carbon in combustion chamber and on the valves,o2 sensor gets dirty faster,catalytic converter gets dirty,egr valve getting stuck....

your car already have egr troubles like every other proteges,they all have....

dont run after troubles,you can try them in,but as an advice,put the oem recommended number....

a thing you can do,with the same number,you can change to platinum,or even iridium,wich will last longer,and be safe for your engine...

the plugs will foul first before any of the other crap happens
but it should be OK if you drive the piss out of the car :D

TheMAN said:

i agree,but i meant about long term damage,long term milleage,and prevention.....its for sure that if you change every year for new ones,you wont see the difference.....

TheMAN said:
but it should be OK if you drive the piss out of the car :D

I do drive the piss out of my car most of the time, but I just changed over to these extended reach after 5k on my previous plugs so I'll wait it out haha. I should make my goal be to be turboed when I need to change my spark plugs next.

So basically the harder you work the engine, the less you need to worry about plugs being too cold. Which means I have a lot to worry about because I don't go over 3k that often.

Haha, thanks, then. Does it help that I run the car hard once in a while like I hear you're supposed to do?

Back