why the heck...

-pixy- said:
thats why i have a p5 now, the truck was my daily driver and then the gas prices went up... when you drive 100 miles / day... going from 13 to 28 mpg is great.

i agree - i loved my jeep, especially during the snow...how else can you get a cup of coffee in 26 inches of snow?!?!?!, but my 75 mile commute was costing alot...and the truck was getting old.

the P5 gives me the same room, roofrack and much of the utility, just w/o the 4wd and the ability to go from 0-60 in about 6 seconds. :(

A Jeep that went 0-60 in about six seconds... Damn. Must have been geared low as hell.

As far as the mileage, I bragged on another board discussing the topic, so I will here. The most I've gotten out of my P5 was from Kansas City, MO to Wichita, KS to visit my dad (mind you, it's Kansas, so it was nice and flat). I set the cruise at 70, there was barely anyone on the road so I didn't even touch the brake until I got to Wichita. 42mpg. I almost cried I was so happy and shocked, because the time before that trip I drove my truck (which I no longer have) that got 10mpg highway.

Back