Whirring Noise Between 40-70 km/h

the tortoise

:
2002 Black Mica P5
About 400 km after I had my transmission serviced and clutch installed by the Mazda dealership I noticed a subtle whirring noise coming from the front left of my car. The noise is most noticeable between 40-70 km/h. The noise isn't there first thing in the morning but appears after about 5 km of driving.

It's similar to what's described in this thread:

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82195

I've taken it to my mechanic twice and they've identified that it isn't a bearing. I've also switched to my summer tires from my winters and the noise is still there.

Since hearing the noise I've probably put 1500 km on the car and there's been no change.

My next plan is to bring it to the dealer.

Any ideas?

many things possible,clutch bearing,pressure plate out of alignement,does the clutch works right?does the shifter moves ok?are the gears difficults to change?any grinding noise?

as i said,it can be lots of things,without a test drive its really hard to say...

hope for you to find the problem,the best i could say,bring it back to the dealership,they worked on it,they have to fixe it right.....good luck man....

The clutch works fine.

I've noticed that sometimes it's harder to shift into first and reverse. I'd just assumed that was due to the gear oil they used as I had redline MT-90 in it previously.

No grinding noises.

Thanks for the reply.

well its really not easy to guess what the problem is,even with the 1st and reverse gear harder,yes its not the same oil you use,and the mazda manual tranny s are known to be hard for 1st and reverse gear to engage,did they do something with the differential,a simple thing can dammage a tranny...

if i where you,i d give a call to the dealership service department manager,explain your case,he might have some hint about it,we never know,you probably arent the first.....

keep up with the news,and good luck again....

Back