Hack cd player to accept mp3 cd's?

Drexel

:
Mazda5 Touring 5spd
Howdy all,
I have a 6 disk changer w/out the ability to play mp3 cd's, ie, it does not have the little MP3 sticker adjacent to the 6disk decal on the top left of face plate. I'm wondering if there is a hack to enable the cd player to play mp3 cd's, not just the standard audio cd's. When I shoved an mp3 cd in, player recognizes that something is there and begins playing, but no sound. I'm thinking that the ability to play mp3's is just something that is blocked out, similar to Verizon blocking out certain features in their cell phones. Thanks.

Drexel said:
Howdy all,
I have a 6 disk changer w/out the ability to play mp3 cd's, ie, it does not have the little MP3 sticker adjacent to the 6disk decal on the top left of face plate. I'm wondering if there is a hack to enable the cd player to play mp3 cd's, not just the standard audio cd's. When I shoved an mp3 cd in, player recognizes that something is there and begins playing, but no sound. I'm thinking that the ability to play mp3's is just something that is blocked out, similar to Verizon blocking out certain features in their cell phones. Thanks.

Are all Touring 6 disk changers like this (i.e. - cannot play MP3s)? I rather have a few disks of MP3s than having to buy a portable MP3 player and then go the AuxMod route.

Thanks!
-Mike

Back