RX8 loosing power?

mp3moose

:
mp3 and elise
I know the 8 flopped with the claimed 250 hp initially and dropped to 238, but I was just on mazdausa.com and they list it at 232 hp. What gives?

mp3moose said:
I know the 8 flopped with the claimed 250 hp initially and dropped to 238, but I was just on mazdausa.com and they list it at 232 hp. What gives?

Mazda actually had a buyback program for people who bought there's when they had claimed 250HP. It was just an overestimate I guess?

I bet the 232 is with the new SAE HP numbers that seem to have only lowered the HP figures for Japanese cars.

I really wonder what the Protege 2.0 HP figure would be now? I bet 120. :(

correct.....

lets get these numbers correct (all are for the 6port motor)

Mazda has the JDM horsepower claim of 250PS (not 250HP)
Mazda had the EURO horsepower claim of 238hp
Mazda had the US clain of 248HP then lowered it to 238 after the big power issue came up just after the US rx8 launch.

Now with the NEW sae rating rules, power in the US and Europe has gone down to 232hp.

The accurate figures put this cars power in the 230hp range STOCK, at the crank.

its the same thing as the RSX that was rated at 210hp for '05 but the same car as an '06 model is rated at 196 (or something like that).....I dont see anyone making a big fuss over that 14hp.....

The car never had it to start with, so whats the big deal if the figures are more accurate now.

Back