Spray Paint

jR.

:
07 Black Mazda 6i
Do they have the Midnight blue color in a spray can??
I want to paint my stock grille the stock car color or if they dont ill get a glossy black to paint it,it has many scuffs and looks old and faded so I want to fix that.
Thanks

i would also like to know this cause i have a midnight blue p5 as well.. i have the touchup paint that came with the car but there is no way im painting the entire grill like that.

My only suggestion would be to use the factory color touch up....thin it out with some thinner and use a airbrush sprayer to apply the paint....That's my plan if I ever get around to painting the grill....

just take the paint code off your door jam and find an auto paint store that makes thier own spray paint. surprisingly most places do this. no getting a "kinda like" or "close to" color. it'll be more expensive than those other ideas but at least it'll be right.

six_dolla_bill said:
just take the paint code off your door jam and find an auto paint store that makes thier own spray paint. surprisingly most places do this. no getting a "kinda like" or "close to" color. it'll be more expensive than those other ideas but at least it'll be right.

Exactly.

Thats what I have done. Cost about $20 but I got a pint of paint and 2 spray cans of laser blue. Then they will mix more spray cans of paint from that pint of paint for $7 each.

My personal policy regarding not only paint, but generally accessorizing anything is, "Better to deliberately put together two colors that don't match but compliment each other (such as black and blue, in this case) then to make an unsuccessful attempt to match." That is, I'd rather paint the grille black and have everyone that looks know I am going with a color scheme instead of having them look and think, "I guess he was trying to match those..."

Back